Steinberg Activation Manager - Move license to another account

I have two Steinberg accounts with different email addresses, but same personal data. I created this newer account a few years ago just for Dorico SE, but by mistake I also used it in January to activate Dorico Pro 4 with Steinberg Activation Manager. All my USBeLicenser based products are registered with my older account.

I didn’t had to think about that fact, since yesterday, after I bought and registered a Cubase Pro 11 to Cubase Pro 12 Upgrade, with my older account. The result now : I can’t run Dorico and Cubase at the same time, because they registered with different accounts on the Steinberg Activation Manager.

My hopeful question is: can the Dorico Pro 4 license be transferred to my older account? I already contacted Steinberg support, but it’s weekend, and maybe there is an easy solution to this?

I’m not aware of any way that you can do this yourself with our self-service tools, but hopefully you will hear from my colleagues in the support team soon to assist you with this. If you don’t hear from them within a week, let me know and I can investigate further for you.

1 Like

Our support team are often working through a big backlog of tickets, so it can take a little while to get to any individual ticket. I’m sorry on their behalf for the inconvenience caused to you. If you are currently without the use of your software, please contact me via private message with the details, and I’ll see if I can expedite a solution for you.

Hi Daniel, I have a similar issue. By accident the product activation has upgraded my Absolute 4 (which was on the elicenser) to Absolute 6 using the wrong account. Please help urgently as I can’t use my pluggins which are needed urgently.

Thanks,

O

Welcome to the forum, @OJ1. I’m afraid I can’t personally perform these kinds of transfers, but if you send me a private message with the details of your two Steinberg IDs, I’ll talk to our support team and see what they can do to help.

Hello, another one with the same stupid mistake - at some point in time I opened a second account in error, which has never been used until now, as I upgraded Cubase 11 to 12 and registered and activated it to this wrong account.

I have issued a support request to Info-CEE@music.yamaha.com (Austrian support team) three weeks ago, but nothing happened by now. Our local support address as given in the list does not exist (Slovenia), and the next level at the above address seems to be swamped with requests from all over Eastern Europe. Is there any other way to get help in solving the problem I have caused to myself? Could I bug you to help me by forwarding my request to the right address?

Many thanks in advance,
Matjaz

Yes, of course I can help you. Please send me a private message here on the forum with the salient details, and I’ll ask my colleagues in our support team to take care of it for you.

1 Like

I’d the same problem with a Wavelab 11 upgrade, by mistake went to another of my accounts… So, to use WL 11 I had to log out and log in… with is not good. Can You help me?
Eduardo Q

Sure, send me a private message with the details of the two accounts, and I’ll ask the support team to sort this out for you.

It looks that I’m not the only one with the same problem. I have 2 accounts and WaveLab pro is not working unless I log into the other account.
I tried offline activation but the system cannot mix :grinning: