Steinberg ASIO Multiclient for 64 bit?

I have a Steinberg MR816x & a Motif Rack XS which are working fine with the shared Yamaha Steinberg FW ASIO driver – I am not using Cubase (but Reason). Now that Reason supports midi out, I would want to route audio out a VST Host back into Reason via the MR816x. I know I can use WDM but latency is a no-go here plus I can only have one stereo pair Input.

Just discovered the unsupported Steinberg multiclient ASIO driver that has been around for some time - what a great concept! It would solve all my troubles and allow me to stay entirely on the Steinberg FW Driver and retain all MR816 / Motif Rack XS FW channels. It seems also very straightforward in its application with minimal Overhead.

Unfortunately it does not work on my Win 7 64 bit machine as the server gets started ok but no ASIO client Registers in the server when started (target set to the Yamaha Steinberg FW ASIO), the “Aiso multiclient” driver option does not show up in the selection box of the Client application. Is this multiclient supporting a 64 bit OS at all or am I doing something wrong?

If it is not supporting Win 7 64, are there any plans to upgrade it to work with 64 bit? That would be indeed a great problem solver!

Any Input would be appreciated!

No one? Steinberg?

Hi Dabert,

I agree, this driver seems to be very interesting. As you, I’m also working at 64bits, so I’m joining to your ask, if you don’t mind.

Regards!

+1 for this, there are people out there charging 50 bucks for an app that does this, please Steinberg! =D