Steinberg Download Assistant downloaded files taking up space

Hey guys, what to do with the downloads for installed apps/plugins via the Steinberg Download Assistant?
Right now, the Steinberg downloads folder on my PC is 11.2GB.

I don’t see an automatic option to delete after it’s done with an install, Native Instruments Access for example just does it by default! You can delete each download manually, and only for those downloads it’s registered, I found that Novel Piano for example, the folder existed in the downloads folder but not seen the tick in the Steinberg Download Assistant.

It seems the Steinberg Download Assistant keeps a record of what is installed via the downloads folder (the green box with a tick).

I believe Steinberg are working on resolving this to use one app, right now, it’s three, SAM, Download Assistant and Library Manager but how long away is it from release.

Perhaps the next update of the Steinberg Download Assistant can have an option to delete the download once it’s done with the install?

thanks

You can delete the files manually using your OS file browser.

1 Like

Well isn’t it there: (not automatic but …)

1 Like

It’s inconsistent in my eyes:

On MacOs 13.6.3 if you delete something under:

/Users/xyz/Downloads/Steinberg/OSX

Inside the Download Assistant it is still shown as “installed” and downloaded. If deleted via MacOs Finder.
Also the green sign of “installed” is NOT the info that it really is installed! Compare it in the Steinberg Library Manager! There it is installed… Because when you do the deletion inside Download Assistant this green “installed” info disappears. Yet it still is installed and in the folder used by the Library Manager:

/Users/rufus/Downloads/Steinberg/Content

So palease for the sake of logic change @IT_Support:
either change this “installed” button to downloaded + make sure it shows “not downloaded” after a manual deletion in MacOs Finder
OR
even better combine the Download Assistant with the Library Manager:
1 Tool for All :pray: :pray: :pray: :guitar: :wine_glass:
Thank you and Happy Wintertime with lots of music :teapot: :guitar:

I heard Steinberg was working in an all in one solution, software downloads and activation. At the moment, its an overkill, with the SAM, Download Assistant and Library Manager.
When it’ll be released is anyone’s guess.

I have set the download location for Download Assistant to a separate drive than the drive set in My Library Manager. When Content installation is completed, I am not totally sure whether the content has been moved to the Library Manager specified drive or not, as there are vstsound files left over in the Download Assistant download folder but are not on the other drive. I thought that the installation would automatically know where to put the vstsound files. Am I supposed to manually move the vstsound files? Is the Download Manager folder supposed be the same as the vstsound folder?