Steinberg Download Assistant gets stuck... spinning beach ball

I’m running a Mac Studio M1 Max with 64GB RAM 2TB Internal SSD on latest Monterey OS. I recently got Cubase 12 Pro and managed to get it all installed no problem. Recently I figured I would check to see if there were updates. I assumed to do this I would run Steinberg Download Assistant. Every time I launch it, it gets stuck and unresponsive with the spinning beach ball.

I have tried:
Uninstalling and re-installing
Uninstalling and downloading fresh installer and re-installing
Deleting plist file

Nothing seems to help. I cannot run Steinberg Download Assistant at all! I can run Cubase just fine, but without being able to run Steinberg Download Assistant, I’m worried I won’t be able to install updates, etc. Does anyone know what I can do to make this work? Wiping my drive and starting over is out of the question obviously. Surely, there are some files I can delete that will get SDA to work again?

Thanks in advance!!

Same here. Has anyone found a solution for this?

Revisting this topic. I once wrote to Steinberg support. Practically useless. The problem has persisted through Monterey, Ventura and now Sonoma. In between that time I actually did an entire reformat and reinstall of Ventura due to an issue with Kontakt. Yet the Steinberg Download Assistant issue lives on. NOT ONCE besides the first time I installed Cubase 12 has this piece of software even succeeded in launching on my Mac.

The reason this even came up is that I decided to go for one of the “free perks” with Cubase 13 the “Cinematique Instruments Vintage Colors Synth” and I can only get it apparently with this broken piece of software.

Can ANYBODY at Steinberg tell me how to get this working? I have tried uninstalling, reinstalling and on and on. Are there prefs I can delete? Somebody. Not trying to be a jerk… sure this is working for some people, but fro some reason on my system (listed in first post) which has no problem with anything else, Steinberg Download Assistant is a total joke. Can’t even launch.

Seriously… it make me wary of getting any more invested in Steinberg products than I am if the company can’t figure out why the download assistant won’t work. Thanks.

Well if anyone else here is stuck here’s the answer:

I must have had a corrupted font in there. That fixed it.