Steinberg Download Assistant is NOT Working!

me too! :frowning:

Hey there,

I have an issue as well. I am unable to download the updates. It always fails during the “verifying” process. The installers are not available on their website yet under the “Download” section. So, my license has been activated since yesterday but still cannot download any of the updates. They all fail. See attachment.

Steinberg, make the licensing and installation process much simpler!! I’ve never seen an installation being so complicated to update with 20 pop-up windows launching, and authorizing here, download another software to be able to download Cubase. It’s real pain in the neck. And not working at this point.

Thanks.,
Sam

I agree , one application able to login as like as Native instruments company and many of them.

SOLVED (Win10):
Install Steinberg Download Assistant on another PC (mom, dad, sister, brother, uncle, grandpa, boyfriend, girfriend, neighbor…whoever you want), launch and login with your credentials and…TADAAAAA…everything works correctly.
at the end of download, transfer everything with an external hd, usb pen drive, dvd, ecc

PS
on my daw the download assistant still doesn’t work -.-

hope to help you
bye

Got it working on another Mac with Catalina. Maybe Download Assistant isn’t working on Sierra like they say it is.

Seems to only work on Catalina on the Mac side.

Sorry but that’s not solving anything

2 Likes

I’m on Mojave. Can’t they make the installers available on their website the same day of the release? I don’t get their logic. So the installers are available via the Download Assistant but in the Download Section of their website, it says “Still in preparation”. Steinberg is just such a big mess. From bugs that have outlived updates after updates, to unnecessary complications to install an update, to unavailable installers!! But there is no issue in charging credit cards. Never a glitch in that department.

I uninstalled Steinberg Download Assistant, re-installed it with the latest version installer, logged in and still failing to download the update. 3rd day in a row…

This workaround works for me. Thanx!

Same problem i here i don;t know if its a windows 10 problem or is a steinberg but after upgrade from 10.5 to cubase 11 pro and keeps sends you and sign in is just some bs

I fixed it by downloading the software on another PC (laptop in my case) and then went back to my main PC.

Me too. I have been trying to download Iconica for three days it just fails and fails and fails and fails and fails and fails and fails and fails and fails

STEINBERG! A suggestion. FIx the download assistant so it does NOT constantly wipe files when it fails.

2 Likes

STEINBERG! A suggestion. FIx the download assistant so it does NOT constantly wipe files when it fails.

1 Like

I’m sorry to say this, but I find comfort in seeing so many in the same situation as myself :unamused:

Perhaps time for the President to give a statement again.

Possible Tip: After days of frustration, I think its working here, so far… What I am doing is periodically pausing the download before it flakes out. This seem to work.
Z

I have the same problem as everyone in this forum. I am on windows 10 pro. USB dongle is updated to Cubase 11 pro but not able to download files. I was exited but now frustrated. HELP Please.

1 Like

Guys, contact the chat support. They will send you a personal link with a passcode to download the installers. While the Download Assistant still doesn’t work, I was able to download the Cubase pro 11 installer via the link.

thank you for that!

I am amazed that a mod has not mentioned this. Very disappointing.

1 Like