Steinberg IXO Audio Interfaces released

We are pleased to announce the release of a new family of USB audio interfaces.

With the IXO series, Steinberg offers outstanding ultra-mobile and supremely cost-effective interfaces for anyone who wants to get started with recording music or creating audio content. All models feature 24-bit/192 kHz audio resolution, with USBC connectivity for the quality, speed and flexibility needed for professional-grade recording. Offering seamless connectivity with iOS devices and universal compatibility with PC and Mac computers, the compact design, light weight and bus power (via the USB-C connection) means you can easily carry and use them anywhere.
The IXO12 features a mic/line combo input and a Hi-Z input, the IXO22 includes two mic/line combo inputs and a Hi-Z input, with both units available in black or white. Both come with Cubase AI software and the iOS Cubasis LE iPad app, allowing you to start recording immediately. Two bundles are available which include the IXO12 or IXO22, a microphone and accessories for you to get recording, streaming or podcasting immediately.

More information can be found here.

Best regards,
Stefan Schreiber

1 Like

Will this be available in the US??? Seems like we’ve been left out.

I’m not sure what exactly you mean.
Here is an example where you can get it in the US:
https://www.sweetwater.com/steinberg-ixo/series
Best regards,
Stefan Schreiber

This is an interesting interface.

What are the headphone amp specs? Especially UR-series weakness, headphone output impedance?

also the microphone preamps are different from the UR22C, which I have currently.
D-PRE *ur22c
IXO MIC-PRE *ixo

But, no idea what the difference is. Is the IXO a budget version? I see the 24 vs 32 bit AD/DA… other differences?

I LOVE the streamer button, and have actually already ordered it already because of that. The DSP-Mix streaming options have been the best for me so far, but I’m very fond of time saving features.

According to this, the IXO preamps and headphone amps are better than the UR-C series: