Steinberg Library Manager Update

Hey, All

Every time I open my Download Assistant, it tries to install a Library Manager update. And, every time I get the message “Failed to update the following components: Steinberg Library Manager.” When I click on the help link and download the separate installer, I get the following message: “Library Manager setup failed. The installation source for this product is not available. Verify that the source exists and that you can access it. Error Code 1612.”
The Library Manager is, of course, installed, but I’m curious as to why I can’t install the update. My current version is 3.2.30. I’m on a PC running Windows 10.
Any others have this issue?

Gary, this may happen (unfortunately) if the version SDA wants to install is the same as yours installed.
You can check this in Control Panel: look if the version is the same as this Steinberg Library Manager | Steinberg

If yes, you have to uninstall yours, then install the last either via SDA or from the site I linked.

Hope it’s enough, and nothing worse is present…

ADDITION: I see your version is older, and different… Thus my diagnosis is wrong. Probably uninstalling and downloading from the link should work anyway…

Alberto,
Thanks for the suggestion. I am unable to uninstall my current Library Manager. I get a long ‘path’ message: “C:\Users\laugh\AppData\Local\Temp\RarSFX0\Steinberg Library Manager\LibraryManager.msi cannot be found.”. I wonder if the latest Library Manager will be included in the upcoming Dorico update install.

Hi Gary! Did you try to install from the public link without uninstalling?

I used the link from Steinberg Support.

Oh, dear! I understood you couldn’t uninstall from Control Panel, and this is really strange… What happens if you use the public installer? Did you open a support call? Which version of SDA do you have?

Can you please attach the screenshot of the SDA About ?

Capture
Here it is.

Thank you Gary! You are up to date with the exception of SLM. The last is 3.2.40.295.

Can you run your SLM version? It’s in C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Steinberg Library Manager together with the uninstaller. Or also in C:\Program Files\Steinberg\Steinberg Library Manager

What exactly happens if you run the Setup installer from the unzipped file Steinberg_Library_Manager_win64.zip, dowloaded from the link I posted?

I fear I cannot help more if you need to get rid of your SLM, to install the last, sorry… :frowning:

Alberto,
I finally got the update installed-I hope. I had to unzip the file to my desktop and then form the control panel, select the .msi file from there. The version showing now is 3.2.40 Build 295. Running the Download Assistant no longer installs a Library Manger update, so it seems I’m OK. Thank you SO much for your help in solving this annoying mystery!

1 Like

:+1: and :bangbang: