Steinberg Mastering Edition Cannot Install on Windows 7 64bi

So if the installer doesn’t work is their a manual way to install the plugins?

The installer must do some other things than just copying the files. But I can’t know what.

hi scott
another try could be contacting the programmers. if you click on the steinberg logo on one of the plugins, you can find the names of the guys who wrote the respective plugin. though steinberg must be capable of solving such a problem, maybe they could help with such windows-integration problems too.

steinberg already got the reputation being more keen on making money than keeping their customers satisfied. concerning my q-metric-problem there might be a point to it. hopefully charly steinberg soon gets to the same level money-wise like the big bill. maybe then steinbergs policies might get a little looser.

BTW seem to be that working with freefilter get much better results than using voxengos curveEQ for example.
so your problem should be solved.
even my beloved q-metric equalizer sounds better than every comparable 6-band eq i checked. so those old plugins, really are worthwhile getting fit for running in a new software environment too.

Hi PG,

Been using 3 plugins from Mastering Edition 1.0 in WL 8 since I started this thread. I was able to copy the plugins into legacy folder of WL8 to get them to work.

Now when opening WL8 it says “please insert your mastering edition CD and reload the plugin”. Obviously I can’t because you can’t install Mastering Edition from CD on Windows 7 64bit. (re-read thread)

I have not installed anything on my ystem and this was working yesterday. The Mastering Editons 3 plugins (I manually installed) show in the pluging setting under organize. I clicked force plugin detection at next launch and when it scrolls though all the plugins it stops at all 3 mastering edition plugins for a few extra seconds. This has worked from June until yesterday. I tried recopying them to the same folder as I did in June to get them to work with no luck. I have not installed anything on my system so could WL 8 now be not recognizing it on it’s own???. I use WL8 at least every other day with the ME plugins so this was working and now it’s not

I think the ME plugins ask randomly the CD. It is part of the copy protection. I can’t help it.

Hi PG,

You cannot install with CD. The ME plugins were copied from an XP machine into the WL8 legacy plugin directory on a Windows 7 64bit PC and 3 plugins have worked since I started this thread in June. I wanted to do same for the ME v1.5 Plugins (why I started the thread) but could not so I settled for the (3) ME v1.0 and now it says to reinstall. The 3 plugins are listed in the Plugin settings in WL8 and are checked. Can they be listed in this section of WL8 and don’t work now but worked before

I’m not sure what you mean by “I think the ME plugins ask randomly the CD” …please explain?

Thanks,

I’m not sure what you mean by “I think the ME plugins ask randomly the CD”

You said earlier:

Now when opening WL8 it says “please insert your mastering edition CD and reload the plugin”.

I just say, this is part of the plugin copy protection to ask the CD from time to time.

Hi PG,

Is this a ME thing or do all the plugins ask for cd…This is the first time I seen this in all the years I had ME installed on various PCs. with different WL versions. Any workaround for this?.. lets say cd got damaged or lost what would someone do…also any word yet on why Vst3 plugins meters stay lit/on when playback stops (other thread started a while back)

Thanks,

Is this a ME thing or do all the plugins ask for cd…

I just have the vague memory that it happens for ME plugins. That’s all.

also any word yet on why Vst3 plugins meters stay lit/on when playback stops

Will be fixed in 8.0.3

Hi PG,

That’s great vst3 issue will be fixed in 8.0.3

Any other issues addressed in 8.0.3 update such as floating meters stay on when other programs are being used (earlier post I started)…I have several programs that use floating and or docked windows (Adobe CS4 and Univeral Remote Control CCP come to mind) any floating window always remains on inside the program window. You can open other programs and they are not affected. This should be addressed as I can’t see many users liking this behavior

When will update be released?

Thanks,