Steinberg Product Activation FAQ

License server appears to be down. Disappointing kids can’t play with their new toy on Christmas… or Boxing Day… or… ?

Hi,

I have Cubase LE 5 but i can’t install e licenser to my computer, i have Windows Vista 64bit.
So, i’'ve downloaded eLicenser Control Center 6.7.1.8151 and i installed Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5.
But when i click to the installer it don’t do anything at all. I tried to turn down the windows firewall and search
in background running applications but i still got nothing goin on with the installer.

I’m waiting for your urgent answer.
Best regards,
RB

Hi,

I recently bought a used Yamaha THR10 but I would love to activate and download Cubase AI, is this possible?

/Best regards,

Mats

Hello,
I have purchased a new UR22 mkII, but I’ve had no activation code for Cubase AI in the box… I’ve searched for it all over the box and I can’t find it. Is there anyway I could activate the product? My device is registered via serial number in the MySteinberg area.

Thanks in advance,
Inon

del

Hi i am a newbie, :mrgreen:

just installed cubase LE8 (windows 10 64 Bit)

i cannot find my midi keyboard in the menu, does anyone know if my keyboard
Yamaha PSR3000 is midi compatible with cubase Le8 ?

many thanks in advance,

Dear All,

I have bought MOXF8 synthesizer pre-owned keyboard. I believe that Yamaha provide cubase AI version for free for Yamaha products. Unfortunately, when I bought it, the seller throw all activation code so the product key is not included. He just give me suggestion to contact local Yamaha shop.

When I went to Yamaha local shop and they cant answered how to recover those activation key.

Any idea how to get these keys back. I can only provide MOXF product serial number and hardware only.

Regards
Jacob

Hello,

I have bought Cubase LE 4 (with my TC Electronic Desktop Konnekt 6) a couple of years ago. I have installad the software and activated it but now I haven’t used for a couple of years. I’ve lost the installation CD but I have the activation code and it is successfully recognized by soft e-licenser.

Can you please help - how can I install Cubase LE 4 again so I can buy the Elements 9 version via upgrade. Again, I have no installation disk for LE 4.

Thank you very much for all help.

Tom

Hi,

I recently bought a Focusrite Scarlett Solo Studio that came with Cubase LE. When I go to download the software, I am asked to register my email with Steinberg. After I type in my email, it says a confirmation email will be sent to the address. However, 3 or 4 resends later, I have still yet to receive a confirmation email from Steinberg. I have checked my spam folder along with every other folder.

This is my first experience with any type of recording software, and so far, I am not feeling great about it. Please let me know what I can do to fix this issue.

Thanks.

Hello, everyone! I got an activation code for Cubase LE 9 with my Zoom H6. I tried to download the installer ZIP twice. Both times, after a few minutes of apparently problem-free, uninterrupted downloading of something resembling a 5 GB ZIP file, I was not able to extract anything from the file.

With each download attempt, I encountered two problems. First, I tried the usual extraction of the contents through Windows, and was told that the entire ZIP file was completely empty. Next, when I tried using Windows Explorer to look at the contents of the ZIP file, I was informed that the ZIP file was somehow “invalid,” but there was no further information beyond that as to how it was invalid. Again, to be clear, I got both of these messages from Windows with each of the downloaded ZIP files.

After encountering these messages with the first download, I deleted the entire ZIP file and tried a second download; this is how I know I was not simply trying to open the same corrupted ZIP file the second time, thinking it was the second downloaded ZIP file. I figured this might be worth mentioning, in case someone feels the need to eliminate the silly-user possibilities.

One other thing to mention is that a scan of the ZIP file for viruses revealed that there were contents in the second download. Since the scan got past 11% and was showing file names, I cancelled the scan, and concluded that there were contents, but that I was not going to be able to get to them.

Thus, I was forced to conclude that the actual ZIP file from Steinberg was the problem. I have never seen this problem with any ZIP file, ever, from a valid source.

I submitted a trouble ticket, but after discovering this forum, I decided to ask here as well.

Does anyone have any information on such a problem with the ZIP file? Is there another way to try to get my copy of Cubase LE 9 besides the normal way?

I purchased a Yamaha XU10XU, and received a Cubase AI version. After using the product for a few days I received a window offering a discounted UPGRADE to Cubase Elements from Cubase AI.I finally decided to do the upgrade and after the download, I unzipped the files and started the installation and it says Cubase Elements is already installed??? I submitted a ticket and so far no response. Any Ideas here?

Hello!

I bought an M-Audio Track 2x2. With it came Cubase LE AI Elements 8. I installed the software and activated it.
A month later and it says it’s not activated. I tried reactivating through mysteinberg but it says the activation key is already used.

I have no idea how to fix this.

Thanks for any support!

Hello

I purchased Komplete Audio sound card by Native Instruments, and with it came an activation key for Cubase LE.
I downloaded Cubase, but was unable to activate it using elicenser - when I enter the code it says:

"The currently installed version of the eLicenser Control (eLC) software is too old.

Please try again after downloading and installing the latest version of the eLicenser Control software from <www.eLicenser.net>."

I made sure it is the right and most up to date version of eLicenser…
I have a mac book pro with macOS sierra version 10.12.4

please help :cry:

Hi forum, maybe the uploaded file corresponding to the cubase LE 9 installer is corrupt ?, try several times to download it using the code that brought me the zoom recorder h1 I purchased, but every time I try to unzip the installer I get an error.

I explain this here:

Hello, please help me… :open_mouth:

I purchased a Lexicon by HARMAN Lambda Desktop Recording Studio, which also includes a DVD Rom to install CUBASE LE5… I have a problem with the Serial Number included with the DVD, because the numbers have a different format than it is required by the eLicenser software…

My CUBASE Serial Number has a total of 25 digits divided in 5 groups of 5 digits each, while the eLicenser is requiring a total of 32 digits divided in 8 groups of 4 digits each…

Thus, I haven’t been able to properly use my purchased hardware, because I am unable to validate my given Serial Number for CUBASE, what can I do?

DANIEL

hello,

I have already found the answer to my issue here:

DANIEL

I bought a foscurite a few years ago, this packing accompanying a software of Cubase. Now I am installing this software, unfortunately, I lost the activation no and hence I cannot register in the elicense. Grateful if you could help me to get the activation no.

Hello there,

My son bought an amp for his electric guitar - the amp is a yamaha THR5 which should have come bundled with the Cubase AI software. It did not come with it and I have subsequently installed the software after a search through the database. However, the downloaded version does not have a license with it. How can I establish what license I need to use?

I hope that someone will be able to help me figure this out.

After spending ages trying to find the Cubase code for my UR-12 (which ended up being in the box it came in, and not on any of the program files as I had managed to mislead myself into believing), I cannot redeem it. When I enter it I get the following message; “Security Error #2FG0”, what does this mean? I’ve tried entering it with and without dashes (-) and it still gives me this error. Is there any fix for this?

Since the support just sends irrelevant standard email replies with weblinks I already found, I will try my luck here.
I had to replace my broken graphics card. Since my Cubase AI which I got with my UR12 will not run. I am not able to reactivate my license.
My old Soft-eLicenser number is the exact same as the new one. This returns an error (“Please provide a new Soft-eLicenser number”).
Mu activation code for the software will not run (“has already been used”).
I am stuck now and do not understand why it is so difficult to use a product I paid good money for.

1 Like