Steinberg support - lead times??

Hi all,

I’ve reported an issue for resolution to the Nuendo support team. It’s been over 48 hours, no response. I always get KORG and Yamaha (Motifator) responses, be it for emails or right there on the forums, within less than 24 hours; very prompt, professional and sensitive to the customer concerns!

Can some of you ‘old timers’ please advice what works best - writing forums (all my posts have been ignored by Steinberg but the community here has been very helpful), sending emails or calling on calling them on phone?

Cheers

…waiting since 3 weeks…
…no response at all.
Not very good support, in my opinion.
Try by telephone…

Valerio

Have you noticed that you you have to click a submit button underneath a long list of FAQs? I failed to notice this the first couple of times I (thought I had) sent a Support request in…

Finally noticed the button and Submitted, and guess what? I got a “Request received” auto reply… after that, waited and waited, but never got a response to the actual request.

in the end I started SHOUTING on the relevant forum and a kind Steinberg employee finally answered my question.

I’d have to agree, not very good support…

No response yet, 72+ hours and counting.

I don’t want to sound too negative here but to me this doesn’t sound like the right approach to ‘support’ customers. I’m sure my query is one of the common queries around (how to get Nuendo optimised on my system and get rid of the crackling sound). Its not rocket science for a product vendor to resolve this.

See this thread and then take a wild guess…

what was the issue?

Nuendokeys, we received your email yesterday morning and will respond to it today (it is already assigned to a team member). Valerio Daniele, I could not find a support request. Could you please resent your inquiry?

Lydiot, the thread you are referring to is on a completely different subject and is bascially discussing the distributor situation worldwide.

Hi EdDol, thanks for your help. I have received a response from Sebastian and will take it up with him through that thread…
Just to give it a benefit of doubt, it seems there could be a system issue with the support requests now going through. I had sent it using the online support form. Just in case, if the queries are not going through, you may want to check if that’s due to some IT issues, effectively the requests not reaching your team while from an end user perspective creating a perception of the delay…

But you did get an automatic email confirmation, didn’t you?

Now you come to mention it, I submitted a support request back at the beginning of the year…

No response.

Timecode sync issue was never addressed or acknowledged. Was a complete show-stopper, so after three weeks of near-catastrophe, I was forced to switch to a different recording system. Major TV series I was working on came and went and everyone was happy with the results once we changed to [insert name of competitor].

It’s discussing something related, which is how you deal with your customers. That other thread ends up being about your “distributor situation worldwide” because you chose to view it that way. My whole point was that that other thread really only had to be about one user wishing to pay you money for Nuendo v5.x but couldn’t do it because the distributor wouldn’t sell him a copy.

You could have either sold him a copy from Germany, or just sent him one free of charge. At the very least you could have changed your image of your company as being so unresponsive as to warrant a switch to alternative DAWs, which then brings us to this thread in which the complaint once again is unresponsiveness…

See the point I’m making?