Steinberg UR22 and UR24C signal started to sound panned

I have a problem with my Steinberg UR22, the sound has started to feel stronger by about 5-10% in the left channel (headphones). I thought it was a HW problem so I ordered a new sound interface, this time a Steinberg UR24C. But after reinstalling the drivers I was disappointed, the sound in the headphones (and maybe in the monitors, but I can’t judge it exactly there) is now about 5-10% stronger in the right channel. When I try to play mono sound in DAW, the level is the same in both channels (visually), so there is no problem there.

I guess it’s a SW problem, maybe Windows 10 update, since I started to notice it only recently on UR22? I have no idea, but if you have any idea how to solve it I will be very happy, because it irritates me terribly and I am not able to work efficiently.

Thank you

Same here. UR44C.
Monitor line out is louder on the right. Headphones too! I have to run dspmixfx with L6 pan on the master to have equal levels on both sides! Mine is brand new, have to send it back i guess…

I just tried on my Mac and it works OK. I guess it is just a Windows issue. But I can’t solve it myself and there is 0 support from Steinberg… :frowning:

Did you try to contact Steinberg? Thanks

Same issue on Linux with UR24C. And if the main volume knob is near minimum, the problem becomes even more audible.

I too am now noticing this issue with my UR22c. The left main-out is louder than the right (confirmed with test tones and measurement).

. Really Steinberg?!? I’m starting to regret this investment…

Ok, this is unacceptable. The L/R balance of my main-outs are very noticeably off (skewed to the left). Even just for casual listening its distracting and this is no good at all for serious work. Has anyone made a warranty claim with Steinberg for this problem? Did they accept it as a defect, and if so was your replacement better/worse/the same?

I don’t have this particular unit however, i would assume your firmware and drivers are up to date?? I had some strange issues also and as always, firmware fixed it

I have the same problem, sound energy dominates the right channel when listening with headphones. Did you manage to solve this somehow?

The same issue with UR44c.

I had the same issue with UR44C.S I sent it back to the retailer and they send it to official yamaha service. Their official statement was that because of used components +/- 2,5db of differents in channels level is something normal and they sent it back to me withut any help claiming that my unit is ok. Steinberg official Polish support, and European support haven’t even answered my emails and it was like year ago. I sold this unit and tell everybody to don’t buy anything from Steinberg. Ever. They take your money and spit in your face when something is wrong and there’s nobody you can asked help for. Since then my life mission is to put hate on Steinberg. I don’t even own Steinberg anymore but I still come here once in a while to tell my story and convince people to buy Audient !! Cheers and good luck.