Steinberg UR22C unstable work

Hello everyone! I bought my steinberg ur22c about 1 year age and still fighting next problem: audiointerface is working unstable with my PC. 2 times for 10 minutes the USB indication light outs for lesser than 1 sec and it’s incomfortable. I tried to re-install, drivers, change regimes of working, delete my overclock settings, but it doesn’t work.

My pc configuration:
AMD Ryzen 5 2600 (auto-overclock through Ryzen Master’s game-mode)
Palit GTX 1660 6GB (manual overclock through stress test in Thunder Master)
Crucial Ballistix 3200 Mhz 8x2gb
Asrock b450 Steel Legend
Zalman ZM850-EBT
SSD 1tb by transcend

If somebody knows, how to fix this, please give me an answer.
P.S. When I don’t have much sound load (sounds of typing text, notifications, NOT games, music and video) it doesn’t happens.

Could it be a power source issue?

If powered only by USB, try it using a powered USB hub, or using the wall plug transformer.

Make sure also of using a quality USB cable.

Hello! Manuals for my motherboard told, that USB 3.1. gen2 has 5V and 3A. Is this enough?

It’s 3x more than enough.
Page 38 of

I recommend testing with the wall power anyway to clear that possibility.

On russian? Maybe, we should speak russian? In this way we’ll can communicate more productive, but if somebody go to this forum, there are going to be a horror)

Are you plugged directly into a USB3 port? (Do not use a USB hub).

Hello! Yes, It connected right to the USB 3.1 gen1 port. Alse, there is a list of all USB’s on my motherboard:

• 2 x USB 2.0 Ports (Supports ESD Protection)
  • 1 x USB 3.1 Gen2 Type-A Port (10 Gb/s) (Supports ESD Protection)
  • 1 x USB 3.1 Gen2 Type-C Port (10 Gb/s) (Supports ESD Protection)
  • 4 x USB 3.1 Gen1 Ports (Supports ESD Protection)*

*Ultra USB Power is supported on USB3_34 ports.
ACPI wake-up function is not supported on USB3_34 ports.

If you know, which port i shouldd connect signal USB-C cable and power micro-USB cable, it’l be great. Also, as Y-D recommended, I pluged power micro-USB cable to charge block from smartphone, which characteristics are 1A and 5.2V.

It’s hard to think what is happening here. When the light goes out do you hear a ‘pop’ noise in the speakers? i.e. like it’s changing sample rate?

Or do you think it is a power issue?

Also, are you using the interface with ASIO applications like Cubase etc? Or just for multimedia use?

Also, what sample rate are you running in windows?

When the light goes out, i don’t hear any ‘pop’ sounds. And I dom’t think that it is power issue. because audiointerface powered by 5V 1A power adapter through good cable. I don’t use any ASIO at all, sound goes out for 0.5 of second when I playing games, watching videos, making music at Ableton or FL 20. I running at 192khz.

According to this document on the Steinberg webpage, it’s got to do with the AMD USB controller. But browsing through other forum posts (both here and in other places), it seems as if the UR22C interface is too slow to keep up with fast RAM memory (so anything above 2666MHz) instead.
I have no way to confirm this myself, but it seems like this is the case.
To add to this, people have been comparing the UR22C’s performance to 13 year old audio interfaces that work straight away without any screwing around with drivers and system configuration. So that makes me wonder if maybe the driver can’t interface between applications (or the Windows DirectSound engine) correctly.

TL;DR I think Steinberg/Yamaha is at fault here and they should attempt to fix this in one way or another, while keeping us informed on that, instead of blame it on the other hardware it connects to.

Hello! When you wrote it, i don’t heard any ‘plug-in’ sound, like you said, but few minutes age I heard it and I ask ypu for help, if you know, what’s wrong with it…