Steinberg UR44 doesn't appear in device setup - Elements 9

Just a bit of background:

I have just upgraded to Cubase Elements 9 from Elements 8 but never got 8 working properly and gave up.
I’m new to the whole recording thing and it’s not looking good. Almost bought a Presonus DAW but upgraded Cubase instead…

On startup the UR44 is present… but the UR44 doesn’t appear in device setup window. only 2 options appear:
Generic Low Latency ASIO driver & Yamaha Steinberg USB ASIO

Watching “How to set up” - I should show the UR44

Any help would be appreciated

At startup.JPG

The “Yamaha Steinberg USB ASIO” is the driver you need to select for the UR44 hardware device.

Inside Cubase go to Devices, Device Setup, VST Audio System, and make sure the Yamaha Steinberg USB ASIO driver is selected for your UR44 interface and click OK.

Next go to Devices, VST Connections, Inputs, and under Bus Name at the bottom right-click on Stereo IN and select Remove Bus.

Now at the top click on Add Bus and Add 1 MONO BUS.

Next go to Project, Add Track, Audio, and Add 1 MONO audio track since you are recording a mono signal from your microphone for this example.

Next on your new MONO audio track, make sure the audio input on the track is set to the MONO IN 1 on your specific audio interface and that the Stereo OUT is set to STEREO OUT.

Next click on the little speaker icon and highlight it next to the red record button on the audio track.

You should now be able to see blue metering on the track when you talk into your microphone.

Now press record on the transport bar and should be able to record your microphone onto the MONO audio track.

After you have recorded your vocal, press Stop on the transport bar, and then click on the little speaker icon next to the red record button on the audio track so that the speaker icon is NOT highlighted.

You should now be able to playback and hear your recording.

I hope this information helps!

Hi, I am so new to this, been read your reply to the question above, ( I try to recording just one track of vocal, but somehow I couldnt record), followed your instruction, went to the device, but could not find the Yamaha Steinberg USB ASIO driver, I know I have downloaded the driver, it in my application, but do I need to do something about it? thank you very much.