Steinberg USB Driver for AG06MK2

Hi,

I am trying to install the yamaha AG06MK2 steinberg USB Driver for Yamaha AG06MK2.

I am able to successfully install the driver. However, my device is not being recognized by my computer. I have a windows 10 machine that is 64 bit.

Just to explain a bit further, I looked for the driver in the device manager after install, and I cannot find it.

However, I can see the Yamaha Steinberg Control Panel. When I open the panel, there is no device listed.

When I asked on reddit, they were telling me that there was some security update that is causing the device to not be seen by windows, but I really don’t have any other context or understanding of what they mean.

I know that the mixer is working because I can hear playback if I talk into the microphone. However, I cannot figure out how to find the device on my machine given that no playback options are listed for it.

I have tried installing / reinstalling the driver, and I have tried multiple usb ports. I am unsure what could be causing the issue.

Did you reboot the computer?

Yes. I did reboot the computer.

I am trying to figure out exactly what the driver is called. Maybe I could manually install it in the device manager if I can find it in path somewhere. However, I’m not sure what kind of driver it should be as far as where it should be listed in the device manager. Do you happen to know what the driver should be called in the file system?

Hey, St10ss. So, I found something interesting, but I do not know how to proceed.

I went to the device manager, and found that it is possible to install the “legacy hardware” associated with the steinberg usb driver. For example, if you open device manager, and then select “action” at the top, you can click “Add legacy hardware.” Then you select the radio button for “Install the hardware that I manually select from a list.” Click “next.” Then, scroll down to Sound, video and game controllers and double click that. This opens up two panels and on the left side you can scroll down to select “Yamaha Corporation.” Inside that is a “Yahmaha Steinberg USB Audio” driver. However, when I install it, I now get a code 31 error.

Specificially, the error states:

“The software for this device is now installed, but may not work correctly. This device is not working properly because windows cannot load the drivers required for this device. (Code 31).”

A quick search brings up that the device just uses the Yamaha Steinberg USB Driver.
You need to download the driver and install it. Like you did before.
If that doesn’t work, there could be other reasons than the driver part. A broken or incompatible USB port for example. Or a bad cable.

Is windows recognizing the device without the driver? If not, it is most likely a hardware issue.

1 Like

You won’t believe how silly this is, and I apologize for wasting everyone’s time.

I accidentally had the power cable plugged into the usb slot and the usb cable plugged into the power.

As soon as I swapped the cables, my device manager recognized the device. And, the driver was shown correctly.

Yeah, silly, but it happens to all of us sometimes. :wink:

1 Like

Thank you for your help. I am finally mixing audio this morning! :heart: