Stem directions Trumpet in Bb

Is there any key shortcut available to switch the stem direction? Could’nt find the implementation in global preferences… Thanks!

AFAICS there’s no way to switch the stem direction of all mid-line notes globally except for the Default direction for contextual stem setting in Engraving options/Notes, and that setting still puts the mid-line stem direction up a lot more often than I would. I tried creating a script to do this but I couldn’t find a way to control it so I reverted to creating a key combination in a macro program which selects the menu item. The menu items Force Stem Up and Force Stem Down are available in both Write and Engrave modes which is handy.

You don’t need to use a macro for that: you should be able to assign a key command in Preferences for either or both of these commands.

I honestly looked for a way to do this in the preferences key commands but I couldn’t find a command for forcing stems up or down. I would have expected to find them under the Edit set of commands because that’s where they are in the menu, but there are no such commands there. A search didn’t reveal them, either.

Ah, OK, you’re right. These commands take parameters and they’re not currently exposed in the Key Commands editor. Apologies for the misinformation. We’ll try to get them wired up to the editor soon.