Stereo Monitors play while i only want to hear my mono monitor

The problem is this: I have my stereo monitors routed through the control room correctly to stereo out 1 and 2.
I bought a new single monitor for mono mixing.
I add this monitor and connect it to my line out of my presonus studio 1810c.
I select this as well in the audio connections settings to output 6.

When i now move into the control room the following happens:

When i select monitor 1 ( The stereo setup) Everything sounds fine like is used to do.

When i select monitor 2 ( Mono single Speaker setup) i hear my stereo speaker setup in mono while it should only give me my single mono monitor.

Any idea what the issue could be ?

One thing that maybe is important to point out: I used a 6.3 mm jack cable instead of the XLR on the mono monitor. I dont know if that alone could cause this kind of problem.

Thanks in advance !

Could it be that the line out is a mirror of outputs 1 and 2, so they send the same signal?

yeah the outputs should all send the same signal but they should send it to the right speakers. And thats what they dont do. When i select output 6 it should not play on output 1 and 2. Maybe i need to turn off the “Main” ? When i do that i dont hear anything at all. Monitor 2 is for the mono speaker

And this is how my audio connections look. ( i use the right line out just tryd different outputs )

Have you also checked the routing inside your audio interface?

1 Like

Yep, maybe there is the issue? I thought cubase mutes the speakers that i have not selected? But i try it now :slight_smile:

Also make sure you didn’t accidentally also set your main outputs to the same line outputs. In other words in that Audio Connections window in the “Outputs” tab make sure your main output isn’t set to “Line Out 1/2”.

1 Like

It kind of works now when i mute my Output 1 and 2. This way i only hear my mono speaker when i select the dedicated channel on the controlroom. Maybe its because only my main outputs 1 and 2 have fader in the software for the intereface? Would u still suggest to get the right XLR to mono Jack Plug instead of 6.3 Jack to 6.3 Jack?

Show the “outputs” tab.

Here it is

1 Like

Definitely the interface then.

K thx both for ur help :slight_smile: