Sticking with NU 10.2.20 on a 5.1 Mac Pro?

Guys, would you say one is better off sticking with NU 10.2.20 on a 5.1 Mac Pro in so far as Nuendo stability? …as compared to 10.3 that is.

I’ve heard some negative comments about 10.3 a while back but not sure about lately.
I have no plans to go to NU11 anytime soon here.

chetd, you’re a little off-topic here, but I will say 10.2 works great on my 5,1. The only reason I haven’t moved up to 10.3 or N11 (which I also own) is due to ongoing projects.

PS. Late 2021 and this thread is not aging well thanks to Apple Silicon absolutely killing Intel on every level. LOL to the haters! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: JK

1 Like

Thanks for mentioning it’s good for you. I also stay put for now due to ongoing projects but that said, and since this is now another thread…
I’ve been having annoying issues with some projects crashing Nuendo when they’re in the loading cycle.

It seems to be random projects (do not see a common plug issue etc) and if I then restart NU and open another and different project, close it, and open the previous one that crashed it, it often seems to open w/o issue.

Much appreciate for anyone chiming in, Wondering if it “might” be 10.2.20 related, or not. Sorry, I’m not as SW savvy as most of y’all so I do appreciate it. Still doing much tape / console world here. :smirk:

I work on 10.4.1 without any problems at all. Still on Catalina though. I am in the middle of a big project and as long as everything works as it does now, I don’t want to risk a possible unstable system. The 2019 MacPro works perfectly, I have had one crash since feb this 2021, couldn’t reproduce it, so I have no idea what caused it. Besides the awful support for Izotope and the dodgy off line processing, it works ok.

I would research into fixing a “corrupt project file” (Cubase or Nuendo), and/or perhaps trashing your Nuendo preferences file.

Hope this helps…

1 Like

Dare I ask these years later, .
For those of us that need to work on Mac 5.1 + high sierra 10.13.6 due to financial reasons or whatever…

Can anyone very kindly chime in that might be having stable results on a particular NU10 ver. for this high sierra OS & Mac 5.1?
Been have a bugger of a time w crashes and yes, I understand it’s no longer supported, and I’m not the most savvy user but, much appreciate any helpful thoughts.

Not exactly the same set-up as yours, but I’m running Nuendo 11 for Atmos production just fine on a 5,1 with Monterey (installed using Martin lo’s open core). N10 ran fine before that on Big Sur (official install) . Been thinking about a new Mac Studio for a while but my budget has been tied up with major studio renovations… (AND I also don’t relish spending 3+ days setting up a new rig.)

Thank for that. I feel that re; not wanting to make rig changes, particularly in the middle of a project. Thus my struggle w/ staying with Nuendo when one isn’t into the whole keep upgrading thing.
Hoping to stick w/ High Sierra for now, just haven’t yet confirmed if there’s a more stable ver. of 10 for that OS, compared to 10.2.20 that is.