Stickings in combined percussion instruments

I’ve created an instrument named “congas” with 4 conga drums, combined. When writing out the stickings (as lyrics), I’m able to write out stockings for a single line without issue.

However, when I come upon the switch to the lower drum (please see in the attached project), the lyric input skips over that/those note(s). Instead, the lyric input will move to the next note of the instrument for which I selected lyric input.

Is there a way to make this more seamless so stickings for multiple instruments can be written more fluidly?

Edit: I’m a new user so I can’t upload my project :-\

Welcome to the forum, @vxla. Sorry that you can’t post an attachment in your first post. You can send it to me at d dot spreadbury at steinberg dot de if you like, and I can take a look. Please include a link to this thread so I can remember what I’m meant to be looking at.

Thank you. I emailed you.

I verified that this problem also exists in the built-in “Congas” drum kit. The biggest issue isn’t the extra effort to create stickings for each instrument individually (granted that’s an issue). Instead, it is that the underscore lyric from one instrument collides with the lyric of the second instrument in the built-in conga kit.

Please see the screenshot.overlapping-lyric

I’ve been in touch with Eric (@vxla) on this subject off-line and unfortunately there’s no great solution at the moment that doesn’t involve some editing of the stickings in Engrave mode. We do plan to add a dedicated feature for percussion sticking in a future version of Dorico that will handle this kind of situation more elegantly.