Still waiting for bug fixes šŸ¤¬

Cā€˜mon Steinberg , this is getting ridicules. When are you starting to fix the tons of bugs which where reported the last half year? Shorter release periods and user feedback will generate better software. I bet my ass, that the next cubasis version has still tons of bugs and new ones. Please donā€™t bring out a stupid new feature or a super promised major release . Just bugfix the current version. Please

1 Like

Hi @ELEKTROGOWK,

We are in preparation of the next Cubasis update, which will add a few new features and improvements.

As of yet, every Cubasis update release included many improvements/fixes. Actually we are unaware about ā€œtons of bugsā€.

What fixes you are waiting for in particular?

Thanks,
Lars

Hi! @LSlowak

Tereā€™s at least one small cosmetic thing Iā€™ve noticed.

When the ā€˜gridā€™ in the note editor is set to 32nd notes the grid-lines are drawn at 64th note resolution.
Switching the grid to 64th note makes no visual alteration to the grid but makes it possible to adjust the note-length. (Iā€™ve not gone thru all the grid/division variations to check if they behave as expected).

In some rare cases when looping a 1 bar midi event the gate-time of the first note-events are ā€˜cut offā€™. This does not happen on every loop, work-around is to copy & paste the first midi-event and loop a longer section. If that doesnā€™t help restarting Cubasis usually solves it, at least until the next time it pops up.

Itā€™s still not possible to easily draw a velocity ramp for a group of ā€˜selected notesā€™ as the velocity draw bars at the the bottom of the screen adjust velocities for all note events at a specific time-location and do not respect the note-selection that is made prior to editing the velocities.

The audio editor doesnā€™t ā€˜auto selectā€™ a portion of the audio-file that is selected using the audio-event start & end handles on the time-line. Meaning in order to ā€˜trimā€™ an audio-file thereā€™s no point in doing it on the time-line as the ā€˜selectionā€™ has to be re-done in the audio-editor prior to ā€˜trimā€™.

The audio editor could have an option for the handles to ā€˜snap to zero-crossingā€™ when adjusting start/end to avoid clicks.

It could be nice to be able to add an ā€˜anchor pointā€™ for audio-files (ie. the point in the audio-file that snaps to the grid). This would make aligning audio-clips a LOT easier.

The ā€˜Mixerā€™ still doesnā€™t remember the S,M & XL setting between app-launches.

These are pretty minor things and no ā€˜rocket scienceā€™ and I do look forward to what the other ā€˜bugsā€™ will be fixed as itā€™s always interesting to see what I may have missed or what Iā€™ve always done ā€˜differentlyā€™ without bumping into them.
(In the last update I could find at least 10+ issues ā€˜fixedā€™ that Iā€™ve personally bumped into multiple times).

But then again, Iā€™m just one user and if things work fine for all the other users just ignore me :sunglasses:

Take Care & Stay Safe!

1 Like

Steinberg is not able to fix an old known and often reported bug in version 3.5. After a punch in and out recording there is always a gap at the end. I knew that you wouldnā€™t be able to do that :rofl::rofl::rofl: The main thing is that you tinker with the start picture out of boredom

Steinberg ist nicht in der Lage in version 3.5 einen alten bekannten und oft berichteten Bug zu beseitigen. Nach einem Punch in und out Recording bleibt immer eine LĆ¼cke zum Schluss. Ich wusste, dass ihr das nicht hinbekommt :rofl::rofl::rofl: Hauptsache man bastelt aus Langeweile am Startbild rum :see_no_evil:

This update is an impertinence. If this opening screen with the YouTube videos and purchase offers is not removed again, or if the YouTube videos and purchase offers cannot at least be optionally hidden, then I will uninstall Cubasis 3 and will not buy any more successors. When I saw the crap, I didnā€™t want to continue testing as originally planned to see if any bugs were fixed or long-awaited features were added. I donā€™t want to use apps that look like social media crap. Steinberg develops Cubasis 3 without considering the interests of the original target group. Thatā€™s a slap in the face to all old customers.

1 Like

Every one is entitled to their own opinion concerning the latest 3.5 update, thatā€™s not saying your opinion is wrong, far from it, a Hub disable setting may be a good thing, but there are a lot of users who may be relatively new to Cubasis3 and would benefit from having tutorial videos at hand to show different aspects of recording and editing etc.
I shall be gifting Cubasis3 to my grandson for Xmas and I know the videoā€™s will inspire him.
Am I an ā€œold customerā€? In 1990 I started using a Kwai 32 track midi sequencer with a screen no bigger than a calculatorā€™s screen for 11 years, no Pc involved here, followed by 7 years using Cubase VST32, followed by 5 years using Cubase SX2, I have since been using Cubasis1/2/3 since 2013ā€¦ā€¦you must be right, I am an old customeršŸ‘Øā€šŸ¦³ but Im a happy customer and I donā€™t feel the new inclusions to be a slap in the face.
Thatā€™s my opinion.
All the best :beers:

Hi,

my history in brief, some milestones not mentioned. Around the same time I started using Cubase on an Atari ST, before that time I used the C64 with software from Gerhard Lengeling, the known Steinberg competitor and a DX7, this was around 1983.

One of the Atari ST I used, with a 80286 hardware emulator on top of the MC68000, expanded to 4096 KiB by oldish PC RAM, a switchable MIDI socket and the Steinberg dongle: the link to the photo

Before I used the Atari ST with SMPTE I synced the C64 with a Syncronizer to the tapemachine: the link to the photo

My iPad 2 with Cubasis 2 and my iPad Pro with Cubasis 3, but also with the competitors MTS Studio and Auria Pro: the link to the screenshots

In the past I worked as audio and video engineer among other for a known German tube microphone manufactory. IOW Iā€™m really an old customer as a pro and privately.

Regards,
Ralf

1 Like

Hi @unknown_crewman,

Thanks for your message!

Steinberg develops Cubasis 3 without considering the interests of the original target group. Thatā€™s a slap in the face to all old customers.

Actually, we carefully monitor both the Audiobus and Steinberg forum, to find out what most users want to see, and which problems they are facing using our app.

In this regard, please find the detailed list of new features, fixes and improvements in this article.

The new Hub has been added to fulfil the wish of many users to decide about the project to be loaded after the app has been launched.

Please have a look, if the newly added Quick Actions could be an alternative option for you to launch the app:

• Make a long tap on the Cubasis app icon
  • Choose ā€œCreate New Projectā€ or ā€œOpen Recent Projectā€ from the list

This is also the quickest option by far to launch Cubasis directlyā€¦

Please let me know what you think!

Thanks
& stay safe,
Lars

Hi Ralf,
Wow, your history is indeed extensive and packed full of technical experiences that make me seem like a novice. :face_with_peeking_eye:
I had a keyboard rig back in the early 1990s comprising a Korg Poly800 MkII, a Sequential Circuits 6Track synth, a Yamaha CS05 analog synth and a Kawai Spectra digital piano/synth, later I bought the new Boss DS330 Dr Synth 16 part multi-timbral synth module followed by a Kawai Q80 sequencer to run it all whilst I played guitar for live performancesā€¦ā€¦how life has changed, all this now compressed into an iPad and all controlled by Cubasis!
It has been good sharing our past experiences, the only thing we havenā€™t discussed isā€¦ā€¦Who is the eldest customer :thinking: only joking :slightly_smiling_face:
All the best Ralf :beers:

I think what Ralf is trying to say is that Steinberg is/has been considered as THE professional suite in music production. The professional look/feel/sound is what always is what their user were drawn to.
If people wanted a more dumbed down,hip n flashy DAW there always have been other ones,like FruityLoops etc, to choose from.
Steinberg always catered to the people that wanted a mature n professional music creation products.

On handheld devices there are a pletora of DAWs that cater their users with a mobile, gimmicky, fisherprice-like feel and a lot of Cubasis users chose Cubasis because they long for a mobile DAW that feels n looks like a more mature and pc-like experience.

Regardless of how useful the hub is, it feels like a dumbed down,gimmicky progression that you would expect in FL mobile studio etc and takes away from the professional experience a lot of people expect from Steinberg products.

Correct me if i misread the situation here @unknown_crewman.

Hi CJ_Monster,
Personally I donā€™t feel the Hub containing the videos has downgraded Cubasis. Sometimes I just want to open a new project to test a synths new update, but I donā€™t want to have to pre-load IAAs that are being used in a recent project, and I donā€™t want to open Settings/Cubasis/Open New Project With Next Launch, so for me the Hub is quick and important (for me) in that respect.
I donā€™t think you have misread the conversation, you (and Ralf) have very valid views and I agree and respect them, I also agree that Cubasis is a professional DAW that is aimed at the more professional musician.
I donā€™t think you have misread the situation, I believe it is I that misread Ralf in the first place and I can see what was said is right, it all depends how one looks at it, thanks for pointing it out.
Regards Mike.

1 Like

its a double edged sword.
Some need the hub, to others itā€™s a hinder.
An option to disable the hub is a solution that can aid both sides.

1 Like

I totally agree with you :+1:

1 Like