Stop playhead cursor at position?

Sorry if this is a daft question, but on a mac, how do I prevent the play head from returning to its start position? For example, if I stop the play head, how to i make the cursor remain in this stopped position rather than it returning to the start? I’ve tried right-clicking the stop button and using the options here but it doesn’t work.

If you right click on the Stop button the Transport, you’ll find some options to uncheck (for your case):

did that already, didnt seem to work

Hmm. When I uncheck the top option of “After Standard Playback”, and then use spacebar to play and stop, it always plays back from where it stopped like a tape machine.

I don’t like this mode so I always keep the boxes as they appear in the screen shot. Checked.

Try again because this is the way. Else explain exactly what you are doing and what is happening.

I think the play until anchor on and select “edit cursor” could possibly do what you need
I also have play from anchor selected as “edit cursor” so it doesn’t go back to the start of the clip if im editing a section, so WL11 behaves more like 9.5 (for what I was used to anyway)