Straight Flags Angle

Hi,

Any option for changing the angle of the straight-flag(s)? Thanks

Each one is a font character, so you’d have to swap in something else in Music Symbols editor (or design a new font!)

too bad… :frowning:

i also wonder what is the slant degree for straight flag? i always fascinated with the work of James Ingram (Stockhausen’s engraver) … he has a good example here
https://james-ingram-act-two.de/stockhausen/stockhausenScores.html

1 Like

What I think is that since Dorico can draw lines like stems, barlines, beams and similar lines, why not draw angled straight flags too! I think the same way it can draw beams it can do the same for straight flags.

1 Like

Sure, of course it could do this… if we take the time to implement it. But I’m afraid it’s not currently a high priority.

2 Likes

Just an add to this thread for the ones interested: The Leland font (the Musescore default font) has very fine (standard) straight flags with a good angle (the same angle as the tremolo sign, resulting in a very balanced form).

I just want straight flags for metronome marks, without having to fake them with text, which is way too onerous when you have hundreds of marks in complexist works, as I do. But I suppose this is OT.