I am experiencing a bug where one track (in this case the lead vocal in a song) changes its settings. I haven’t been able to track down what exactly is changing but it sounds like a combination of excessive compression and volume drop at the same time. I can’t pin it down to a plugin or automation or a combination. I’ve tried turning every Plugin on and off one by one and all together with no clues as to what is causing the problem.
I found it by hearing a mixdown that was not right. I went back into the song and it played back properly. A/Bing with the mixdown revealed the difference. I tried several mixdowns without changing anything in the project and they randomly alternate between correct and incorrect. This is as baffling as it is annoying. So far only one song (it was created in N6) does this.