Strange bug with dynamics

Hello,

I just thought I’d report this - no big deal at all - you can just input the dynamics in two goes, after all, but just thought I’d let you know…
If I type something more complicated, like the screen shot, all in one go, I get a weird ‘n’ every time. It only happens when I combine a dynamic with an expression with a hairpin, I think.

best!
C
Screen Shot 2018-01-30 at 12.26.26.png

Can you tell us exactly what you typed in? That is a “niente” n

Hi! I typed in (after getting the dynamic box up)

mp cantabile < mf

Just tried it again and happened again…

Also happened with other dynamics in combination with a dynamic + expression + hairpin…

C

This is caused by some over-zealous attempts to find “niente” in the string you’re entering into the dynamics popover. We’ll fix this!

I found a bug that relates: if I click on a dynamic symbol to modify it in the popup (say, to add a p or an f before/after a < or a >), it will add a new dynamics regulator with the p or f but will leave the old one as well. Instead of replacing it, a new dynamic symbol is added. So now, I have to manually delete the old one.
Am I doing something wrong or is this something to look at?
Best,
S

I don’t think this is a bug. I’m sure I’ve read threads on here about this topic. Something to do with dynamic groups etc