I’m working on an iMac with plenty of ram. However, in working with Cubase Elements10.5, I’ve noticed a strange issue that regularly occurs when I open and activate two projects to run at the same time, and I’m wondering if others are also experiencing the same issue, which I will try to explain.
- I am currently editing a v/o track on one project. I’ll call this project “A.”
- I need a part of the v/o on a different project. I’ll call this project “B.”
- I open and activate project “B” and copy the v/o that I need from that project.
- With the copied v/o in the iMac clipboard, I then paste it into the desired track on project “A.”
- Then, I close (or perhaps sometimes just minimise) project “B.”
- My copy and paste goes into the track just fine, with no issues.
- Then, as I want to continue the audio edit in project “A,” without fail, the playhead transport freezes no matter what I do to start and stop the playhead and get it to respond to my commands.
- However, the playhead transport from project “B” continues to work fine and does not freeze or give me any issues.
- This forces me to then close down both activated projects “A” and “B” and relaunch only the desired project, in this case - “A” - see 1) above.
ONLY AFTER closing down Cubase Elements 10.5 and relaunching the entire app, THEN all the playhead functions go back to responding to my keyboard commands as normal. So, it appears to me that something in the software is causing the playhead functions to freeze as I am doing a copy/paste between two different projects. Closing down both projects and reopening only the one that I want to go back to is the only solution to this issue, at least that I know of right now.
Can you engineering folks at Steinberg perhaps try to duplicate this issue on your system and see if you have the same problem that I’m having? Maybe I’m doing something really weird and simply, Cubase doesn’t like it. I don’t know. I would appreciate you folks looking into this. I often will need to copy and paste elements of certain tracks from one project to another and each time, the same issue keeps coming up. It’s not a major problem except to say that it just regularly interrupts my workflow. IS there perhaps a workaround?
Thx so much.