Strange Mis-routing Issue

I’m stumped on this one - hoping the collective mind can figure it out. Attached is Dorico 4 file with two instruments - Sax & Guitar - using Halion Sonic. What’s happening is that the Guitar output is getting routed through the same mixing channel as the sax. On the mixer you can see both the sax & guitar, but no signal is going through the guitar channel, instead the guitar is going through the sax channel.

I first noticed this issue as part of a much larger symphonic piece, but I managed to isolate it down to just these two instruments. What am I missing?

Thanks in advance for any help!
Test Config #1.dorico.zip (916.8 KB)

Have you tried resetting the Playback Template? If you’re only using Halion then this should do the trick (it did for me).

NB I’m not sure if this has anything to do with it but it tried to load Note Performer when I opened your file - not just Halion.

Though I have not loaded that sample project, I think I know what the issue is. Please have a read in This thread

Thanks Ulf, that was it!

1 Like

Hey DanielMuzMurray,

The NotePerfomer instances came from the larger project (from which I isolated the issue).

Anyway, Ulf solved the problem.

1 Like