Yesterday I rehearsed a symphonic suite with our local semi professional orchestra. I got some feedback from the violin sections – they wanted a certain divisi passage split out on two staves in their part. They certainly had a point, so I decided to take care of it. I pictured myself spending frustrating stressful hours of re-layouting and things going crazy all over the parts and score, and where do I find the time for this, BUT WAIT! That’s not the program you are using nowadays.
I just changed the passage to a condensing divisi, did two quick adjustments to the violin parts on those single pages. Done. All previous layout work on score and parts intact.