Studio One v3

I can’t read from your post if your post is sarcastic or sincere.

Anyway, I’m not a fan of PreSonus’s new bold “The Next Standard” marketing strategy, the promotional video’s packed with one-liners of awesomeness and the occasional competition bashing (they don’t need that). But luckily those are easy to ignore.
And no, obviously I won’t be mad if they add Studio One Remote for iPad or support for the CS18AI (which is actually already partially embedded in the remote service). These are great additions.
And for the record, I’m not mad either they choose for a simplistic level of the new implemented features.
I’m just a little disappointed they didn’t expanded those a little further. Take for instance the parallel nature of the Multi Instruments. That feature would be so much stronger when they implemented a serial multi channel MIDI system. That way users would be able to use MIDI modifying VST’s within the Multi Instrument container which would render the entire Note FX feature obsolete and gave the user the possibility to use 3rd party VST modifiers too. Next to that, users would be able to fully use multitimbral instruments within the Multi Instrument container.

That being said.
I’m a long time Cubase user too. But I always followed the development of Studio One because the main team back then was coming from Steinberg and I was pretty happy with Cubase (especially 6.5) and hoped Studio One would became a slimmed down version of Cubase, build on new code.

When Steinberg decided to change course with the new mixer I slowly moved over too Studio One more and more, simply because it was easier for me to get used to Studio One than Cubase’s new mixer.
Obviously the lack of crucial editing tools and features (mainly MIDI) in Studio One bothers me and for that reason I still use Cubase too, when projects ask a lot of conditional editing. But Studio One also has some very strong points, like the control link system which gives you the opportunity to control any VST parameter fairly easy with any MIDI capable controller. Or the much appraised drag and drop possibility and much more little tricks to speed up the process.

I realize at the end of the day, when using Studio One over Cubase, you win some, you lose some.

That may be because of a “Why I Switched” video contest PreSonus did in 2013.
Or some people using Studio One just feel the need to convince everyone to use Studio One too :wink:

Yep and notice some cubase users are switching lately.