Sudden problems

Good morning,
I’ve been having two issues with Cubase 10.5 (PRO) since a few days (after the upgrade to Dorico 4, although I can’t imagine that has anything to do with it).
A few large Cubase files no longer ‘work’. Everything starts up fine, the program seems to work, but as soon as I press Play, it goes wrong. The music plays, but the transport bar and cursor do not move, the rotating color ball appears and the program stops responding. Does anyone know what could be causing this?
BTW when I create a new file everything works fine…

Problem 2. Because of the above, I tried whether reverting the preferences to default offered a solution (not). Maybe that’s why I lost something else. In the key editor there was the option ‘more’ at the bottom left, under velocity and the cc’s. Giving access to automation details (things like pedal-noise or microphone settings) of the vst. This option ‘more’ has disappeared, also in the newly created files. How do I get that back?

Thanks in advance,
Douwe

Hi,

Are you on Mac or Windows, please?

I would try to reinstall Cubase. If you are on Windows, make sure, you install it as administrator. I would also try to increase your Audio Device Buffer Size. Maybe I would try to reinstall the Audio Device’s Driver (again as administrator, if you are on Windows).

Problem 2: There is nothing in bellow the controller lane in the Key Editor. Access to the microphone settings from the Key Editor? It doesn’t make sense… Sorry, I don’t know, what are you searching for.

Thanks Martin,
I will try to reinstall Cubase. Regarding problem 2, I must admit that the real problem is my stupidity. I was looking at the wrong spot. Your answer made me realize that the option is in the automation options of the track itself and not in the key editor…
D

Unfortunately reinstaling Dorico or adjusting the buffer size didn’t help…

Hi,

Did you reinstall Cubase, as I asked, please?

Yes, sorry, I meant Cubase. Now I look even dumber, haha.

Hi,

Could you try in the Cubase Safe Start Mode [Disable preferences], please?

Hi Martin, I did, didn’t make any difference…

Hi,

Are you on Mac or Windows, please?

I’m on Mac, Martin.
Montery
3,1 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i5
40 GB 2400 MHz DDR4

Hi,

I sent youPM.

Hi,

Reported to Steinberg. Thank you.

Btw, Cubase 10.5 is not officially compatible with macOS 12. I would recommend to update to the supported Cubase 11, you will get Cubase 12, once it will be released.

Hi,

The issue leads to Kontakt.vst3 (v6.6.1).