suddenly getting an eLisence IC Pro expiration warning

I have no idea why i’m suddenly getting a warning message when starting Cubase. It says the eLisence for ''iC Pro ‘’ will expire in…

I bought the IC pro for my iPad, it has nothing to do with eLisence…any idea ???

thx

Hi,

Make sure your eLicenser Control Center is up to date. Run Maintenance of your eLicenser.

Did you make any updates (iOS)?

Ran the maintenance and i did not update my iOS…matter of fact, my iPad has been at work for the past 2 months and not at my home studio where Cubase is.

Anyways, still keep getting the stupid message that iC Pro will run out in 2 days…bla bla…

Hi,

Can you check your licenses in your MySteinberg account, please? Any relevant info here?

It’s something with how the eLicenser interprets the “trial” license versus a fully licensed IC Pro. IC Pro apparently comes with a trial license regardless of whether you paid for the product or not. Just let it go. When the trial license time frame expires, the eLicenser will revert to your full license and the warnings will stop.

There is no such thing as a demo iC Pro. One must buy this app via the apple store and download it on an iPad. It has nothing to do with eLisence, that’s why i find this message rather strange.

Anyways, as you suggested, i’ll let it expire and see what happens. Thx

I don’t know exactly what the problem is, but it has something to do with how the eLicenser is seeing the license. I had the same problem a few months back. There was a thread about this over on the IC Pro board, and a rep for SB said once the “trial period” expired, everything would be fine. That’s exactly what happened.

Interesting to note…When it happened to me, the expiry time frame didn’t jive. It’d be showing 72 hours one day, I’d fire up Cubase the next day (12-15 hours later) and only an hour had lapsed on the countdown. Bottom line…If what you’re experiencing is what I experienced, it will fix itself.