suddenly latency issues with 2496

Cubase shows input latency :6.780ms
Output latency:6.44 ms

Also ran dpclat and it showed no spikes when I was getting the pops/cracks.

hey guys,

still no luck with the pops and clicks. I also can;t access the maudio asio control panel from within C7 or from the EWQL PLAY engine to change buffer size,I have to do it from the m audio tray in the dock.
During a remote support session w steinberg yesterday they tried to switch buffer size with C7 open and it caused a blue screen crash with the IRQ conflict message,this happens every time you try to change the buffer from the m audio tray with the DAW open. I’ll attach the crsh report.

any ides or help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks ,

G
mauidio crash rprt.txt (6.3 KB)

What happens if you right click > disable all the NVIDIA High Definition Drivers (as shown in your screen capture above) in the device manager? Those could be conflicting with M audio drivers…

Mauri.

hi,
I disabled all the nvidia audio drivers in device mngr,didn’t change anything.

thnx
G

Are you running Windows 64 bit? My understanding is that the M Audio control panel that shows in the Windows tray is still a32 bit application, even though you may be using the 64 bit M Audio driver. This is why you can,t access the application from within Cubase. I have regularly used my 24/96 card with 64 bit Windows and 64 bit Cubase by going to the Windows tray to change sample buffer size.

Although this was a bit clunky, it never affected my latency figures. I suspect your problem may lie elsewhere. Are you using any other pci or pcie cards in your machine?

Steve.

hi,

I have an nvidia pci e gpu but that’s it and the m audio card was working fine before . Can you change buffer sizes with Cubase open? If I do that I get a blue screen IRQ crash. I don;t have any IRQ conflicts but I was looking at the IRQ assignments and the pci slot also lists a couple of other things assigned to it from the system , but nothing I had added and I hadn’t changed anything when the trouble started , a 1394 port or hub and a couple of other things(I’m not at the DAW right now).
The crash report lists the Ma audio driver and Steinberg support also believes it’s a driver/card issue.
What do you think about trying an earlier driver? the 6.05 from 2011? the one I’ve installed is the 6.08.

thnx
G

I dont think you have a latency issue. The figures you posted were ok - not very low, but adequate for most tasks

I installed an earlier driver,the 6.05 from 2011 and it seems to have gotten rid of the issue,gonna do some more testing now.

thnx

G

nope,pops and clicks are still there.

As guitartoys has stated, it is best to keep the onboard sound enabled and set to be the default audio device.

Then the only users of the quality audio interface will be those apps you have specifically set to use it.

Even if you select ‘No sounds’ as the default Windows sound theme, some software can add new sound events that don’t respect that. The last thing you want is an unknown sound from something you installed weeks ago suddenly breaking into your session.