Suddenly no audio output - Cubase Elements 8

Hi there,

I opened a ticket with Steinberg two weeks ago regarding my issue, but have yet to hear back. With little other means of contact to be found on their website, I thought I would run my issue past those of you active on the forum. Apologies if similar issues have been covered before.

I am using Cubase Elements 8, in a very small and simple setup, with a Focusrite Scarlett 6i6 interface. Everything appeared to be working as normal, however I took my laptop to work on some composing away from home one day. This was just using the on-board sound card with the Generic ASIO Driver.

The issue occurred when I came home and tried to use Cubase with my regular setup. For some reason, all audio dropped from Cubase. No audio output has been showing in the activity meter either (however it still shows input activity). I have ensured that the Focusrite ASIO Driver is up-to-date and is selected in Device Setup, and that all necessary inputs/outputs are ‘active’ in VST connections. Everything is as it should be. I have also tried goes back to using the internal sound card and Generic ASIO Driver, but still the issue remains the same, ruling out fault with the Scarlett.

Does anyone have an ideas on things I could try? Thanks very much!