Superior Drummer 3.0 crashes Cubase 10.5

Hi,

Cubase 10.5 crashes when I try to open the Superior Drummer VSTi. If I open a project with drums already there it plays fine, but crashes as soon as I want to open the VSTi to edit etc.
It works just fine in Cubase 10…

Anyone seen this or have some tips?

Running Mac
OS 10.14.4
32 GB Ram
Superior Drummer 3 (updated)
Universal Audio Apollo Twin (9.11.0)

Cheers

Jonas

Hi and welcome,

Get in touch with the plug-in vendor, please.

I have same problem. When loading another SDX, for example. But also random crashes loading samples into, or saving presets out of Padshop 2 or when using Processing > Normalize on a recorded audio part. So, while the Superior Drummer team may very well have som work to do, this problem is more generic and seems to have arrived with 10.5.

I have now switched back to v10 in wait for a bug fix since 10.5 is completely unusable for any serious work. Which I lament as the new features were highly desired.

[Everything on my system is updated to the latest version]

you’ll find that’s often that Martin, who apparently works for steinberg, likes to give as a stock answer

And yes I have crashes on the SB supplied plugins too

Somewhere recently, I read there was an issue with Cubase 10.5 and SD3.
Make sure your SD3 is updated via Toontrack Product Manger. I downloaded an update 2 days ago.
Make sure SD3 32bit doesn’t exist on your PC.

There are absolutely no issues with SD3 here. I have loaded lots of EZX and SDX expansions and done some editing in both. In addition to Martins suggestion, you might wish to check the Toontrack forum. Scott replies very quickly.

original poster on OSX , you are on windows - so apples/oranges - working fine for me on windows too,

I’m having nearly the same issue only that it occurs when I load an existing cpr with a track already setup with SDR3. I can create a new blank cpr and load SDR3 but any existing cpr with SDR3 crashes every time.I’m attaching a full crash report but here are the high level system and sw specs:Macbook Pro (15inch -2016)Mohave 10.14.6 (18G2022)Mem 16GCubase 10.5.5UAD Apollo x8p , 9.9.9.0 build 65969

I’m having the same issue . Mac OS . SDX3 (3.1.7) on Cubase Pro 10.5.
Did anyone solved this ?

Hi,

Could yo provide the *.crash file, please?

Mac: macOS Console utility > User Reports folder (or ~user/Library/Logs/Diagnostic Reports).

Having the same issue in Cubase 11…

Cubase 10.060 is running flawless… — still (haven’t installed 10.5)
Cubase crashes immidiately on opening Superior drummer 3 even if I open the VST thru Patchworks.
Only if I’m running the AU version thru Patchworks it’s working in Cubase 11…
I hope there is a solution for this soon… Very annoying.
(I tested EZdrummer 2 but there is no problem there. EX drummer is running flawless in Cubase 11)

p.s. I’m on a Mac Pro - Mojave -128Gb ram

Hi,

Could you attach he *.crash file, please?

Mac: macOS Console utility > User Reports folder or Crash Reports in macOS 10.15 (or ~user/Library/Logs/Diagnostic Reports).

Hey there

using Superior drummer 3.0 with Cubase 11

When using drumeditor, after the first hit with the drumstick. Cubase crashes/disappears totally.
Not a freeze, but “proof” gone…

What’s the problem?

I’am using an iMac Pro 18core i7 64GB and SD3 is the latest version 3.2.4

Kind regards

In LOGIC I don’t have these problems.
Trying to switch back after 25 years of Logic.

before that, I always used Cubase and before that Pro24.

I am writing big movie scores with my DAW’s, 80-120 tracks…

Kind regards