SUPERVISION: Missing critical modes

Really appreciate the addition of Supervision and has some great features but a very basic one missing is the overlay of Side channel over Mid

Really

Check out free SPAN by voxengo

This is exactly what I mean

Cheers

Hello Aurasphere,
Have you tried to enable side-chain and then use the Channel selector to select Main & Side-Chain?
See: SuperVision
Have a nice day!

Thanks for the reply
Have read it a number of times before posting…does ms but in separate M and S window so you can see the overlay unless Im missing something.

Cheers

Hello Aurasphere,
Indeed it doesn’t do that out of the box at the moment.
This can be achieved using the Side-chain input and a plugin to separate the track into Mid and Side; but this is indeed not that simple.

Unfortunately not. Its nice to trim down where possible…but Ill keep using span for now. Naively it has the mechansism…just not the final connections. Once your eyes are open to tools like this (thanks to Dan Worall) its very hard to go back

:slight_smile:
Best regards

This is indeed the only reason that keeps me from using supervision and staying with span. Having M and S in the same graph is essential for my mastering workflow…It would be good to have a similar option in supervision.

Absolutely…its indispensable for getting an idea of masking and control for mono mixdown…almost voodoo without it…especially with the highlight colours.

1 Like

Thank you @Steinberg for adding this in V12…all the little things :slight_smile:

1 Like