[Support] Support of CMC-controllers in new Cubase PRO 8!

All CMC-controllers work in new Cubase PRO 8!

So far all six CMC controllers and all functions work as expectedly in new Cubase PRO 8 x64 on Windows 7 x64 and Windows 8.1 x64 systems.

All CMC controllers optional “led light”-feature are still supported and work perfectly well too.
You have still the option to disable all the “led lights” if
someone want to do that too in Cubase PRO 8.

Please feel free to add any new information in this thread if something or status do change.

Best Regards
Freddie

Thanks, Freddie. Good news for me: tomorrow should be arrived my first CMC controller (CH) and I’m a little bit worried using Cubase 8…

Great, Christmas comes early this year! :wink:

Merry Christmas!

Best Regards
Freddie

Thanks, merry Xmas to you too!
CMC-CH works fine, but changing the track focus with the controller is hard: CMC follows the arrange window and not mixconsole. I have to sync the tracks view, but if you want to hide some track only in the arrange (or viceversa) optimizing your workflow it turns into a problem…

Yes they do need to be synced. Personally I prefer havong the two synced anyway.
Regarding hiding tracks, that is not recognized currently. We’re hoping this will be addressed in an upcoming update (probably not the next though). Currently the best workaround is to use track disabling instead of the visibilty controls.

Track disabling has an issue, so better not using it till Mr. Steiny will fix it. I can’t find the link of that issue…
Anyway, I don’t want to disable useful tracks, just hide them to keep only the channels I’m mixing/processing.

Yes, all my CMCs are working fine in Cubase 8 Pro.

Did your CMCs connect fine straight after the installation of Cubase 8 or did you need to set any parameters within Cubase to detect them? None of mine are being recognised (neither is my Korg USB master keyboard).

Did you updated the firmware of each unit, one by one?

And you need to plug CMCs before opening Cubase.

latest updates of both drivers and firmware need to done prior use of Cubase. That reflect the use of all Cubase/ Nuendo versions. Follow the “UpdateGuid” and “Installation Guide” all instructions and procedure closely. There are no shortcut how to installing drivers and updating the firmware.

Version 1.1.2 of “TOOLS for CMC”

The firmware update updates all CMC device to version 1.11. The update requires TOOLS for CMC V1.10 or later!

http://www.steinberg.net/index.php?id=downloads_cmc0&L=1

Firmware - Update
■ Preparing for the update.
Even if you intend on connecting multiple CMC devices to the computer, connect only one device when updating. Only one device can be updated at a time.

Driver CMC-tools Installation
■ Disconnect all CMC-USB devices other than the mouse and keyboard from the computer.

Best Regards
Freddie

All CMC controls work fine in Cubase PRO 8.0.5 update both in Windows 7 x64 and Windows 8.1 x64.
“LED” activated are fully functional.

Support information/CMC controllers: Information about Cubase Pro 8.0.10 -maintenance update that are now available.

All CMC controls work fine in Cubase PRO 8.0.10 update both in Windows 7 x64 and Windows 8.1 x64.
“LED” activated are fully functional and operational.