Surface Control

If your also looking for a performance/music composition controller, the akai max 49 is excellent. It has a good midi arp, midi note sequncer, Mpc pads, no knobs though, top notch key response. I just wish they would release an 88 key version…

Hi already Purchased the novatation Zero SL MK II… and the zoom R8 which i need 4 quick ideads any way , which will also b my basic DAW controller as well… , waiting for the delivery , i think auto map will give me more time 2 song writing than , configurations , i have the Bitstream X 3 , slowly unfolding 1 by 1 feature , its excellent , in advanced modes , but steep learning curve , or i m the donkey… should strat reading the manuels more deeply … pls any ony one shed some more light on using the novatation appreciate it … mt trigger finget refuses to work in win 7 x 64 bit , thought it is there in the devices , but a midi cable added , @least gets the pads to work … so life is a lemon … good day n thanks 4 all the help sam

No. Never got it working.

If you review Novation tech support case #202936 with Chris Ready you will see that after I updated to Cubase 7.05 Auto Map recognized the Cubase plugin set.

However, I was still unable to control anything within Cubase - Channel Strip, Steinberg Plugins, Channel EQ, etc - except faders (which I did not need having 24 MCU faders).

AutpMap would come up with multiple mappings for the same functions - none of which did anything in Cubase REGARDLESS of Focus (see attachments).
Automap User.PNG
Automap FX.PNG
I can still control third party plugs (Waves, NI, IK Multimedia, etc) and have relegated the Nocturn to that function only for now as I am seriously busy with a show thru about mid August.

I may try again later if there are any AutoMap Updates or if a solution is suggested.

Keep me up to date.

Thanks

Edit: I should add - in support of Novation - that they DID answer my support request AND followed up here on the Forum - though no solution.
AND that there ARE people who have these functions working (like FilterFreak here) but others, like myself and anilnc, who do not.

HI , Edit: I should add - in support of Novation - that they DID answer my support request AND followed up here on the Forum - though no solution.
AND that there ARE people who have these functions working (like FilterFreak here) but others, like myself and anilnc, who do not.
so its not exactly a Novatation issue then … well i m still on C 6.5 … ill follow up too in case it doesnt work, once i receive my unit … will keep u posted … thanks sm

Hi Hugh,

Thanks for your reply.

Please reply back to the case at a time that’s convenient for you so that we can look further into your issue.

Let me know how you get on.

With best regards,

Marcel // Focusrite Novation Support

Hi Hugh,

Thanks for your reply.

Please reply back to the case at a time that’s convenient for you so that we can look further into your issue.

Let me know how you get on.

With best regards,

Gr8 company @least the support tries n responds , unlike many others… sm

HI finally received the the Novatation Zero SL MK II , loads drivers , auto map 4.7 etc , set it up in device manager , it only shows Novatation Midi In , no SL MK II as its supposed to show , with c 6.5 , the zero hardware screen says auto map in of line mode , nothings i press works , read some googles , it has issues in win 7 x 64 , any one has this experience?? or solutions thanks sm

you need to follow all the steps for setting up automap with Cubase in the automap server , it explains it to you step by step :wink:

You do have to make sure that the .dll file - maybe called zeroslmkii.dll (or AutoMap.dll? . . can’t remember) - is in the “components” folder in the Cubase 7 folder.
Then set it up in the devices menu.
After that my Nocturn still fails to initialize sometimes on boot - you just need to unplug it and plug it back in. AutoMap will recognize it then.

and that info about setup up the devices is not in the automap server setup for c7 ???

This… exactly this ^

There is a certain procedure to setting it up and you have to do it that way as it needs to create the automaped vst.dll’s for you.

If you don’t do it in the way that they lay it out, it won’t work. :imp:

I am now having to redo my setup as 7.05 is a POS update and when I reverted to 7.04 it figged up my automap install…
:nerd:

really ??? how strange , automaps not perfect here but it has stayed the same with every update but I don’t install any other software on top , have you installed anything else apart from the updates ? this is a pure DAW , Cubase ,wavelab midiquest ,halion and drivers and nothing else , maybe that’s why ive had no conflicts :wink:

It was messed up when I reverted back to 7.04

I’ve since fixed the issue but I had to rescan the VST’s…no biggie, as I’m more upset w/ 7.05 locking up on load… Might have to do some tinkerin’

My recent post here seems to have mysteriously vanished , to the above post , i keep all my Vst/s/i in a different drive n folder .sm

[quote=“theRoyal1”]I just picked up a Novation 25SL mkII
While I’ve only had 24 hrs to dig in, so far it’s nice…This along w/my CMC units, I can pretty much control anything from my desktop…

That said, If you don’t want/need the keys, they also have a keyless version called the Zero…

HI , sorry 4 the bother , I just got the novation zero SL MK II , which version of win n auto map do u use ?? n is it 64 Bit , after installing the C 6.5 update , together with the zero , it crashes C 6.5 on exit … any suggestions pls ??? thanks sam

Hi Sam,

Thanks for your positive feedback.

Are you connected to a hub at all? If so please remove this and connect the controller directly to a dedicated port using the supplied cable. Eventually try another cable and or port.

Please don’t hesitate to contact us, should you have any further query.

With best regards,

Marcel a little off topic but could you tell me when the issue of the resizing of "big meter " is going to be addressed ?

regards
john

IMHO the CMC system is the best and most effective solution to control Cubase without using the mouse. Sure, it may take some time to adapt to the FD’s, especially if you come from a traditional mixer background, but in the end they do offer a superior experience to anything else I’ve tried (my opinion and my needs. Your mileage, of course, may vary…)

I could no longer work without “smart” faders. The whole system, unfortunately, is still pretty expensive for most people. And using a single FD module which you continuously shift is just too much of a hassle. Maybe Steinberg should start thinking about money-saving bundles. That way they would definitely move a lot more CMC units.

And BTW, how about allowing more than 4 FD units to be used with the same system? Even with four FD’s, I still have to shift channels a lot more often than I want.

Been using the TP. For over a year and its performance is rock solid…also use the PD for key switching strings and it works great.

They should bring back the CMC Six-pack offer(299€)