Surround Panner in Cubase 6, where are you? (SOLVED)

I am just wondering here… where the hack can I find the surround panner in C6.
It was under Insert>Steinberg>Surround>Surround Panner.
Now It is gone! This is a bitter surprise for somebody working on 5.1 projects. :open_mouth:

Any thoughts guys?

C6 (64&32) v 6.0.1, RME. Win7

Cheers!

One on every audio/vst channel in the mixer. Double click on the mixer strip pan icon to open it.

Hmm, no, not really what I ment.
I am looking for the “Surround Panner” Plug-In which was there in earlier Versions and now it is missing.
It is not about the panner display in the mixer.

Thanx though… :slight_smile:

…ok, so it is gone for good…

bye bye surround panner… I am gonna miss You… :question:

Well, the surround panner always appears, when a track is routed to a surround out, like 5.1…Roger

I am looking for the “Surround Panner” Plug-In which was there in earlier Versions and now it is missing.

They changed the way it works. If you assign a mono or stereo track to a 5.1 output bus (that you have to set up in VST Connections) and make sure Surround Panner is present in the Inspector (right click somewhere in the Inspector and check it in the list) it will be (and this is what really changed from earlier versions of Cubase) automatically inserted into the channel. Technically, it is a plug-in and it is inserted into the channel…but not in the “conventional” way of inserting plug-ins (or like the way it used to work as a plug-in in C4).

If you have a mono or stereo track assigned to a 5.1 output and the Surround Panner is visible in the Inspector and you double click on it, it will throw up an editor similar to (but not the same graphically) as the old plug-in. The functionality is about the same as the old one, as far as I can tell.

Start reading from page 218 in your Operations Manual on the specifics.

Thank You guys!!!

Problem SOLVED!!

Have a Nice Day Everybody…

PLA :smiley: