Swing feel tempo marking

Does Dorico already have a way to insert a swing feel tempo marking (eight-notes played with triplet feel as in jazz/blues)? I already have the piece set to swing feel playback, but I would like to add the correct notation too.

By the way, the swing feel tag is sometimes on top of notes that then are difficult to get at with the mouse as the tag gets inadvertently selected. Am I doing something wrong?

If you install Metrico, a free font created by our fellow Dorician Florian Kretlow, you perfectly can insert those markings as system text.

Thanks @MarcLarcher. Will try that.

1 Like

For selecting things behind signposts, you can either hide signposts or Shift-Alt/Opt-click at the position, which cycles through each item at the same position each time you do so.

2 Likes

Is this still the solution, or has it been updated in 5?

This is still the way.

1 Like

Just want to check here, when exporting as a PDF, does dorico export the fonts too?
That could result in a bulky file if not done efficiently. On the other hand, I’ve had PDF export experiences before where it assumes the recipent has the necessary fonts to render as intended. If opening on a device without the music-fonts installed how does it appear?

the alternative is to create/insert a png or gif graphic that can be inserted (attached)
triplet-feel-ss

PDFs embed everything. I’ve probably shared 20,000 PDFs exported from Dorico and have never had a font rendering problem with anyone.

Don’t use rastered images. Please!

1 Like