Swing Playback Not Working

For some reason, the playback won’t play with swing eighth notes even though I have indicated “2:1 swing 8ths (fixed)” for the rhythmic feel. This is only the case for the trumpet and clarinet though, and the rhythm section is still swinging. The rhythm section was playing swing eighths before I even indicated swing. There is an earlier section where I indicated straight eighths, and when I changed back to the original tempo and time signature after that section, that is where the weird swing thing is going on. The beginning of the piece starts swung.

Actually, the trumpet is also swinging. The only instrument playing straight is the clarinet.

On the top of my head the only sensible explanation I can think of is that you have applied a local tempo to the clarinet at some point in the score that prevents that player from playing the same “tempo feel” than the others. Local tempi are achieved by alt-entering the tempo popover instead of entering it.

I suffering the same kind of a problem . I have a sketch of brass on two staves. The whole chart swing except when there multiple voices on these two staves. Then the swing disappears . Switching swing playback on and off or changing swing percentages does not help.
Who can I send this file to?

In general there’s no problem with rhythmic feel and multiple voices, so we probably do need to see the project. Can you cut your project down to just the affected instrument(s), and the affected passage, and then attach it here? To cut down a project, first save a copy (using File > Save As, then remove players and flows you don’t need via Setup mode, and finally delete bars that are not needed to replicate the problem, e.g. using the system track in Write mode). Then upload that cut-down version here, and we should be able to figure out what’s wrong.

My problem is solved. I just need to click “Reset playback overrides” every once in a while.

1 Like