Switch from Logic Pro X to Cubase, Need tips and tutorials

Hello guys! I have been using logic for 2 years and decided to move to Cubase as I like their Drum Editor, does anyone has any tips/advices or tutorials for someone who recently switch to cubase? Thanks! ^^

I was in the same boat about 2 years ago. I became a member of ask.audio for 1-2 months, and followed a couple of Cubase courses by Matthew Loel T. Hepworth. Totally worth it.

There was not one course that fitted me, because I already knew a lot about DAW’s, so I picked some video’s and skipped others. Easy to do if you become a member, you can watch all the movies you want while subscribed.

Not regretting the switch at all, BTW. I still use Logic for older projects, unfortunately older projects(some dating back 10-15 years) seem to crumble in the latest version of Pro X.

Welcome, this video covers almost everything:

What’s missing is how to activate and assign the 16 outputs in Groove Agent in the inspector and by right clicking on each pad to assign each drum sound to a MixConsole channel.

Check out the official Cubase channel on Youtube. It has a huge swathe of awesome insights and tips from Greg Ondo and the other guy, Andy is it? Anyways, def some cool stuff up there… well worth checking out.

SB stuff: https://www.steinberg.net/en/community/videos.html

Music Radar videos, intro to DAWs and onward: MusicRadar basics: home studio 1 - what is a DAW? - YouTube

OMG thanks guys for the recommendation!!! :smiley: have one more question I wanna ask, how about 'born to produce’s cubase tutorials are they any good?

IMHO Steinberg’s YouTube channel should be enough to help you master Cubase
Professionally. They focus more on the core features of Cubase.

Those born to produce tutorials look more like a gimmick. Because a musician starts
by mastering his musical style / talent. Cubase and Logic are tools to make it happen.
Your ears are your best assets when it comes to producing and mixing. Listen closely to
your favourite music and go back and forth producing, mixing and mastering until it sounds good.

TIP:

Dont say this is how I do this in Logic so CUbase should do it the same way. Ask yourself HOW do I do this in CUbase and you will be fine.

1 Like

Welcome.

I second the recommendation for the Cubase videos for good, fast overviews of features. Another channel I’ve found helpful is:
Chris Selim’s Mixdown On-Line: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCr4af6MfAMfff8w7WqCa7Lw
You may or may not need the how-to information Chris discusses (which is all good stuff, imho), but I like how Chris organizes his projects and often find myself paying more attention to the project he’s working on rather than the video’s actual topic.

If you run into any issues or have questions, post them here and someone will likely have a good suggestion or answer.