Sync problem midi hardware synth

Nothing at all, i even un-installed and went back to cubase 11 artist and exact same problem. Thanks for replying. I have re installed 12 pro at the moment . Friend of mine has been suing Cubase for 20 years and uses alot of hardware and can’t get it head round what is going on. As he doesn’t get these issues i am having.

Do you have Direct Input activated ?

I have had it on and off, made no difference :frowning:

I would really try to test with another interface to see if the drivers are flaky ,i know there has been some 1/2nd Focusrite driver issues in the past with Cubase , im just guessing here

I wish I had another interface here. I bypassed it earlier and hooked up straight to windows asio. It was doing the same thing but the other way. Instead of landing on the right, it landed on the left

Have you setup the delay on the External instruments , you need to know the round trip latency to setup the delay , if your audio actually records on time BUT your live monitoring is delayed then there’s something wrong with the monitoring path , is there any setting in the Focusrite ?

I have to head out here FIlter, cheers for your input, i will double check when I get home m8 cheers

Well i hope you sort it , i only came to stick my nose in to let you know about the delay compensation , you should be able to get a good round trip , which sounds like your getting it but there’s a display or audio delay on your system if it’s recorded in the right position

Hope you sort it

Thanks Filter appreciate it m8. We will struggle on. I have a laptop I’m getting on Tuesday so ill install there and see what happens.

Anyone else have any ideas ? :slight_smile:

Hi everyone after days of misery sorting out this problem . Today I re-installed windows 11 (by accident) from windows 10. Nothing else installed except Cubase 12 pro, Focusrite drivers and Novation Peak driver. Problem is still the same. I have used the record shift option in studio set up. which I have turned up to 920 samples. (Which seems very high to me). It has brought audio back enough for it to record in as close as time as I can get .After talking to a Cubase user of 20 years, whom only uses hardware synths and drum machines etc, his set up on Cubase is perfect and audio records in time . He does not have to use compensation of any sort and was baffled at what was going on with my set up. So I am marking this as solved for now in case someone else lands here with same problem. Thanks you everyone for you input

This must be driver related , you can compensate for all sorts of Delays on nearly anything in Cubase , glad you have sorted it .
This is just a coincidence and not a promo , yesterday as i say i can record via 5 different Midi Interfaces with no latency , i posted this showing the Timing troubled TD3 perfectly in time with the midi data via an external synth on Steinberg Default setting and 256 samples (Asio buffer ) .
Btw , your mates a bit of a new comer :rofl:

Well now you’re up and running you have time to experiment with different settings , If your using PRO you have User Profiles so you can set up a default profile so if you tweak anything you can revert back .

Anyway glad your are sorted . Here’s the link with the TD3

Love the set up Filter :). I am learning as i go. Learnt loads of the last few days and now able to keep experimenting . lol @ my m8 being a newcomer :D. Cheers for popping in m8

1 Like

Enjoy it , it’s one hell of a beast :+1: :+1: :+1:

I give your page a follow :slight_smile:

1 Like

Aahaha , cheers, i don’t really do a lot with it , it’s just projects i start , never finish and a dumping ground for my over excited live dumps .
(Anywa better stay on topic :wink: )

1 Like

Hey folks we update. I have installed Cubase on a different windows pc with , A fresh install of Windows 10, Focusrite driver and Novation Peak driver. Nothing else installed. Connected to Thunderbolt. Same problem. I have just received a new audio interface from Focusrite, having the same problem :frowning: . SO I have changed everything and my audio from hardware is not recording exactly where it is being triggered from the midi note on Cubase. I will have to use (record shift) in studio set up. Adjusting it from anything between 200 - 1200 samples. Problem is I have to keep changing this depending on which hardware I am using. The only reason I posted on forum, is because people are telling me this isn’t the way there system is set up and the don’t deal with this type of problem, especially dealing with new hardware. So I am not sure what to do next.Thanks Jamie

1 Like