I’m having a real hair pulling time with this mystery-I have two systems running multitrack records during shows.
House provides timecode referenced to video blackburst, running at 29.97df.
I am using a syncstation, which references the house SMPTE and house blackburst as well.
The console (Studer Vista 9) and the Nuendo MADI interfaces (RME Madiface XT) are getting wordclock from a Big Ben that is also referencing video black.
Nuendo is connected to Syncstation via USB and System Link is running on the RME’s AES I/O.
There is a backup machine getting MTC from the Syncstation.
Using the LTC input, and with syncstation set up what I believe is correctly, it takes about 15-20 minutes and both machines drift about 1 second behind.
Nothing I change seems to solve the issue.
I read a thread saying that MADI systems required System Link, so that was the latest change I made, getting it set up, and that hasn’t worked, either.
Same thing with N8.
My systems live on trash can macs running 10.12.6.
These are recording multitrack audio to use to post to the video shoot over 3 shows weekly.
Thanks, in advance, for your time.