T-Guitar, M-Guitar and others?

I was about to buy the T-Guitar plug-in for Halion, which I think is really impressive. Then, by chance, I came across M-Guitar, also from Steinberg. And I think there may be other keyboard-playable virtual guitars out there from Steinberg. Can anyone please explain what is available and what the differences are between them? I can only afford to buy one. Thanks.

Certainly! Steinberg offers several virtual guitar plug-ins, each with its unique features and capabilities.

1. T-Guitar plug-in for Halion: This plug-in is designed to emulate the sound and playability of a traditional guitar within the Halion environment. It offers realistic guitar tones and articulations, making it a popular choice among musicians looking for authentic guitar sounds in their compositions.
  2. M-Guitar: Another offering from Steinberg, M-Guitar provides a different set of features compared to T-Guitar. While it also aims to replicate the sound and feel of a guitar, M-Guitar may offer different guitar models, tones, and effects compared to T-Guitar. Users appreciate its versatility and flexibility in creating guitar tracks.

In addition to these options, Steinberg may offer other keyboard-playable virtual guitars as part of their software lineup. These could include different guitar models, playing styles, and sound-shaping options to suit various musical genres and preferences.

When deciding between T-Guitar and M-Guitar, consider factors such as your preferred guitar sound, playing style, and the specific features offered by each plug-in. You may want to listen to demos, read reviews, and compare the functionalities of both plug-ins to determine which best meets your needs and musical goals. Ultimately, investing in the plug-in that aligns with your musical vision will ensure you make the most of your purchase.

Thanks. I guess, as you say, I really need to hear demos of T-Guitar and M-Guitar - or wait until Steinberg has a deal on them and get both!

I wouldn’t bother with either.
Instead, check out MusicLab RealGuitar. Be patient and wait for a half-price sale.
GUITARS: CLASSIC

• Steel Picked
  • Steel Fingered
  • Nylon Picked
  • Nylon Fingered
  • Steel 2 Picked
  • Steel 2 (Doubling)
  • 12-string
  • Steel Stereo
    GUITARS: STEEL STRING
  • 6-string
  • 7-string
  • Baritone
  • 12(14)-string
  • Nashville tuning
    Listen to “How Long Blues” in particular.
    MusicLab - Audio