tab stops in text frame

Hi,

I have to include a libretto in the score. Since in some part there are three groups, the text starts at three positions, like this:

A:
aaaaaa
bbbbb

B:
bbbbbbbb
bbbbbbbb

aaaaaa

C:
cccccccccc

etc.

The best way would be to use three tab stops (or at least two).
However, the inspector only has the options “Left” “Middle” “Right”, which seem to indicate the alignment of the text relative to the tab position.
So I only can get one “Left” (Standard) tab stop.

Is there some way to solve this.

NB: using a new text frame for each line is no option, there are just too many lines. If this is the only way to do it, then I will enter the text with an editor and link the pages lateron with a pdf program. But it would be much more elegant to be able to include this in the dorico project.

Any help would be welcome!

Torsten

Unfortunately, the preview showed my problem correctly, but now all the spaces are gone.
So I’ll try to illustrate the problem with dashes:

A:
aaaaaa

---------B:

---------bbbbbbb

---------------------C:
---------------------ccccccc

---------bbbbbbbb

etc.

I hope, you understand, what I need.

Torsten

Perhaps I’m not understanding your request, but it is indeed possible to use Tab to left-indent within a text popover or text frame.

Tab indent.png

Dan,

thank you for your example, that is exactly what I need.

But how do you set the second tab position?
So far I only found the option to use the inspector on the text frame. There you can only enter one left-indent tab stop. So: how do I set the other tab positions?

Torsten

Hit the Tab key. I’m on an English keyboard…

You can’t set Tab Stops like on a word processor. Just input multiple tab characters until you get to the position you want.

ok, thank you, I’ll try that.

Since the first tab can be set, I was hoping to set the others too.

Torsten