Tablature

Hello, i am new on this forum and this is miy first question.

I have made several nummber in Dorico 2 for guitar solo
Now is my question: can I add a tablature staff in Dorico 3 to those numbers.
Or is that not possible
Please your reaction
Thanks.

Welcome to the forum, Freddie. You can indeed add tablature to your existing projects when you open them in Dorico 3. Go to the Players page of Layout Options and you can specify that tablature should appear for each guitar instrument in each layout.

Dear Daniel, Thanks for the quick response and I am very happy to have a solution.
With kind regards, Fred Veen.

Dear Daniel, Because I am Dutch and I do not write English very well, it is sometimes difficult to understand what is in English. When I have it translated by Google you sometimes get very twisted answers.
Would it be possible to show a screenshot of how I create a tabalature staff on an existing nut staff. Or can you explain step by step what I should do. For starters, I can’t find the player page because of the Dutch translation and therefore not the layout options.
I look forward to your response. With kind regards, Fred Veen

Because there’s no Dutch version of Dorico, I assume you’re using the English-language version? If so:

1. Open your existing project.
  2. Open the Layout Options dialog: use the shortcut Ctrl+Shift+L (Windows) or Shift-Command-L (Mac).
  3. Choose the Players page from the list on the left-hand side.
  4. You will see a subheading Tablature: click this.
  5. Now you can see each guitar in your project listed in the main part of the dialog, and you can choose ‘Notation with tablature’.

This video may also be helpful to you.

Dear Daniel,
Sorry for the late reaction, but due to circumstances I did not get to thank you earlier for the solution you offered me.
I am very happy that it has now been resolved. I have followed up on your answer and watched the clear video explanation regarding tabalature, I am glad I signed up for this forum and am amazed at your quick response.
I think Dorico 3 is a nice program and I hope someday someone will translate the manual into Dutch.
But again with the help of the forum you also come a long way.
With kind regards, Fred Veen.

Hello Daniel
I know it probably shouldn’t be this way but I’ve already posted this topic twice and wonder what I’m doing wrong. I do not see it in the questions asked in Dorico.
Or has this topic already been posted and should it not be posted or something like that?
My topic is the following would you please help me with that.
Thanks in advance and with best regards, Fred Veen
I was wondering how you can make slurs or ties of notes of the same name sound during playback when the song is finished. I have searched everywhere but cannot find it. Many thanks in advance. With kind regards, Fred Veen

I’ve not seen any other posts from you, Fred, but I’m happy to answer your question here. Make sure you are using ties rather than slurs. If you’re joining two notes of the same pitch so that they should sound as a single note, that’s a tie: a slur, on the other hand, is used to mark legato or phrasing for notes of different pitches.

Dear Daniel, I have taken the English language a step further.
What my real question is how do I let Dorico play those two notes? As I hear it now, both notes of the tie are played separately. That’s my problem. I would like an answer to that.
I don’t know how to set that when I play the song We may call the Tie a “tie-bow” not a great translation but maybe understandable anyway. We call the slur a “legato” or a “phrasing arc” Thank you very much for your first answer and I look forward to the next answer. With warm regards. Fred Veen

Fred, presumably you wish for two successive notes on the same pitch to be combined in their duration… in that case, you should click on the first note and press T.

I assume you used a slur instead, which is S.

Dag Fred, het zal je inmiddels duidelijk zijn:
Tie = overbinding (T in Dorico)
Slur = boogje (S in Dorico), d.w.z. legato, op dezelfde streek, in dezelfde adem etc.
Muziektermen in een vreemde taal kunnen verrekt lastig zijn. Voel je vrij desnoods in het Nederlands ergens naar te vragen. Dit forum is weliswaar Engelstalig, maar we komen van over de hele wereld, en helpen je graag.

Hallo Peter,wat goed om te weten dat er op dit forum ook gewoon Nederlanders zijn aan wie je je probleem kan voorleggen. Bovendien ook nog in Nederland uit de stad waar ik geboren ben en een deel van mij jeugd heb doorgebracht. Ik wou dat het zo was dat er een dik boek voor “Dummies in Dorico” bestond in het Nederlands. Maar op dit forum snel reactie te krijgen op je problemen in Dorici is goed om te weten. Hartelijk dank voor je reactie. Met hartelijke groeten, Fred Veen