Tacet Position

After all the wonderful help I have received on the forum to pull this project together, I am down to the final adjustment. By default the tacet apparently appears near the top of the page. I am looking for a way to move it to a preferably lower position, at least a third of the way down.

Just thinking, that in the event this is not currently possible, which I doubt, perhaps the tacet frame could have handles when highlighted to move it around.

In doubt you could create a new flow heading with a much bigger frame and apply a flow header change to that flow only.

For the defaults in the layout, see here:

For local changes, either do as @klafkid suggests and use a flow heading change to increase the flow heading bottom margin for this page, or use the Staff Spacing tool in Engrave mode (which if memory serves should provide a handle for tacets).

(edit 2026: in Dorico 6, it’s now also possible to override flow headings for individual flows, independently of other flow headings that are on the same page.

Although seeing your example in more detail, do you definitely want this to be a tacet flow, or would simply a custom page template with a text frame in the middle of the page be sufficient?

In answer to your question, a custom page would work well. That thought crossed my mind, but I was not sure how to accomplish that. It would be good to know (probably in the manual somewhere), but for now I will try to work with the margins. Thanks to both of you.

Create the page template:

Customize it (ie draw in the text frame)

Use it on specific pages: