Tascam fw 1082 and sx3 input madness

admittedly I’m no genius with this interface but I have tried everything available to me in settings both
on the tascam 1082 and in cubase sx 3 and am utterly stuck!!

I have audio input on all 8 channels of the tascam and can monitor them by selecting monitor mix and
inputs, for direct monitoring – works great.

BUT, I can’t get multiple track selections to cubase!! :confused:

The only selection options I have within sx3 for inputs is “tascam stereo input” and the only input I can get to the daw is from a microphone on input 1 or 2 (line input does not work)

Macki control is working perfectly and each channel is activated by touching the corresponding fader – Still I am unable to get input for any channel except 1 or 2 , and as I said that input is limited to tascam stereo –

I can find no way to assign the channels on the 1082 to individual tracks or output options

pleeeeeez help – what am I missing here??

much respect

steve

1. is the Tascam ASIO driver selected in device setup?
  2. Have you created the required inputs in VST connections? (you can make mono or stereo inputs as you see fit)

VST inputs show tascam fw-1082 one through ten ( visible ) all marked YES

VST system link active / marked as 8 ins as I don’t have a connection at the digital ins –

tascam control panel shows midi and audio as active (green indicators)

firewire, midi, and clock light all solid on board . . .

mackie control working perfectly –

inputs can be heard perfectly on direct monitoring selection –

Suspicious of the only inputs listed as tascam stereo, left, or right –
shouldn’t I be able to see some selectable channel source as is the case in midi 1 -16

thanks again much respect . . . I’m about get in my storage and unearth my 488 cassette multitrack :cry:

steve

Strange. You don’t need VST System link, that’s something else.

strange is right . . . I wish I could divine what I do need . . .

I’m thinkin’ a dogfish head 90 minute ipa to start off with, hell, maybe two . . . then I’ll go stare at all the pretty lights and wish I could get signal on 3 through 8 !!

thanks for your input –

know any tascam / sx experts??

steve

Just how are you selecting the inputs?

Have you used the input bus selection in the inspector input routing pop-up menu or at the top of the extended mixer channel?

I’ve tried selecting input in device setup(vst), at the inspector, and in any available mixer( 1, 2, and 3) still nothing –

the selectable input options are tascam 1082 stereo, left, or right . . . that I can find anyway :confused:

does anyone know how to assign output on a tascam 1082 – there is no mention of this in any of the sundry of manuals available.

man I remember the good ol’ days with my 1 inch tascam and my allen and heath . . . no random access or automation
but if there was no input, you knew why :wink:

much thanks . . .

steve

update – input to core audio – metering from tascam 1082 to input monitor meter in apple audio in screen . . .

so it’s a cubase thing . . . but what cubase thing . . . ?

experts thoughts??

thanks as always, stuck as of late,

steve

still jack squat for inputs . . . maybe steinberg isn’t all it’s cracked up to be

thinking about switching recording platforms . . . any advice for mac??

Success!!!

Could not figure out for the life of me why no vst inputs came up in connections – why can’t I select these inputs??
Looked everywhere, kept bringing up vst connections and only saw 4 tabs, none of which was INPUTS . . .

UNTIL, I maximized the vst connection window and poof – there it was selectable inputs

now its easy stuff, sky is the limit, no problem getting and assigning input as needed.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

unreal . . .

Nice :slight_smile:
Not seen that behaviour before, I don’t think I’ve got that many tabs in VST Connections?