Tempo changes after tempo dedection (2 pics attached)

Hi
I´ve synchronized a whole project with the tempo dedection feature with works not bad. now the click track is in sync with the whole project. (see pic 1)
but how can I make the song faster and it should still be in sync?
If I change the tempo now the click is not in sync anymore (please see pic 2)

imo the only solution is to export each single track and open it in a new project and then make the tempo change

is there also a more simple solution

thank you very much!

working on win7 cubase 7.0

The clip needs to be in musical mode and the track needs to be in musical timebase (before changing tempo)

thanks for your help sven.
but its the same as before. now the speed is faster, everything is in sync except the cubase click went out of sync.
is it possible that I need to turn on the musical mode first, before do the tempo dedection?

Is the project in a steady tempo or is it fluctuating?
JUust to be sure - You do know there is a difference between “musical mode” and “musical timebase”?
Is the click audio track still moving its start position?

Hi svennilenni - I’m following this thread because I have an understanding block on this issue, thank you for clarifying!

One thing I’m still not sure of … when do I need to not just put it in musical mode, but also to do a “Set Definition From Tempo”?

I have lots of variable tempo projects, and have processed the audio clips with “Set Definition From Tempo” whenever I want to change the tempo somewhat. Is that unnecessary, I wonder, maybe I can just set it to Musical Mode and be done with it? (The tracks are already set to Musical Time Base).

Thanks for any more help here!

I have lots of variable tempo projects, and have processed the audio clips with “Set Definition From Tempo” whenever I want to change the tempo somewhat. Is that unnecessary, I wonder, maybe I can just set it to Musical Mode and be done with it? (The tracks are already set to Musical Time Base).

Thanks for any more help here![/quote]
Like most of the time, it depends on what you want to do and how deep you want to go into maipulating the audio.
Setting musical mode in the pool obviously require the file to have a fixed origin tempo, which should be entered in the pool.
“Set Definition from tempo” gives you the (more or less) exact tempo map for a file with tempo variations.

Now you can of course also take files with variable tempo, and just tick “musical mode” in the pool. (Make sure, the “origin tempo” is set to the actual project tempo).
You can change the tempo of the “whole project”, while keeping the tempo variations of the files - so to say you can make relative changes, without having to mess with the tempo track, and definitions.
For example you want to slow down a piece to rehearse a guitar solo or something like that - you don´t need to know the exact tempo, you slow it down so you can comfortably play to it, then speed it up until you´re back to original.
Now if you need to know absolute tempo information, or if you want to “shut off” little variations in tempo, you need a complete tempo map of the files - which for example “set definition from tempo” can provide.

Thanks, that is so incredibly helpful. So when I copy and paste a musical phrase from one part of a variable tempo song to another, I’ll keep doing “set definition from tempo” since the little tempo variations will not be the same at each point of the song.

One quick question - in the example of slowing down a part to learn it better … what value would I put in for “the actual project tempo” in the bolded bit above … what is the “origin tempo”, when it is changing almost continuously throughout the project?

Thanks!

Doesn´t matter in that cas. Before activating musical mode, you set the “original tempo” to the tempo that you see in the transport (no matter of the actual tempo or varying tempi). That way, your audio will play in its original tempo (no matter which one that is). from there you can start changung the temp in the transport to slow down or speed up.

Thanks again, svennilenni! So nice to fill in some of those knowledge gaps!