Tempo changes causing glitch noise with VST

Can someone please help me with this. I’m working on a track in cubase 6 with several tempo changes. When using a VST instrument, such as east/west piano, I get a glitch noise at every tempo change. I’m having a difficult time tracking down the cause. Any suggestions are welcome. Thanks in advance!

Look into Chase Filters in Prefs. What’s checked?

Thanks for the quick response!

Preferences - Midi - Chase Events:
Note - checked
Poly Pressure - checked
Controller - checked
Chase not limited to pert boundaries - checked
Program change - checked
Aftertouch - checked
Pitchbend - checked
SysEx - unchecked

Do the MIDI parts end at the tempo changes? Are the tracks in Musical or Time Linear mode? Is it just EW or do other VSTi’s do the same?

For the midi parts, happens both when the part changes at the tempo change and when notes are help across tempo change. Tried the tracks in both Musical and Time Linear Mode, no difference. All VSTi’s are being affected.

Have you tried trashing Prefs?

Wow! That worked. No problems, everything is clean now.
Thank you so much for your time and all the help!
Any ideals what preference setting I had previously that may have caused this to happen?

The App Data folder contains more than just the settings you have in File-Prefs, could have been any one of a thousand things. Good practice is to back up the AppData folder when everything is right to make the process easier next time. Those files get corrupted every now and then, for some.

Anytime Cubase exhibits an uncommon issue, first step is to trash prefs.

Thank you again for your quick response and all the help.
As a loyal cubase user I really appreciate the support!

Cheers!

:sunglasses: