TEMPO MAP OUT OF MANUALLY RECORDED (MIDI) HITPOINTS. HOW?

Okey, I manually MIDI-recorded the rhythm hitpoints for this song which’ average tempo is 162bpm but the song’s rhythm is off that BPM grid quite much at some points.

So I was told by Jesus that record manuallya hitpoint MIDI track which I did. A short section of the song with my manually made hitpoint is attached as a ZIP file since this forum doesn’t accept MP3’s.

OK, then I did as follows: I selected the function “Merge Tempo from Tapping” from Cubase and the screen shot of the outcoming Tempo track curve of that same part of the song is attached as an JPG image file in this post.

So then I was told by Satan that don’t be so sure that it works until you make a tattoo of the cross upside down on your chest. Well, I didn’t do that and there’s an attached audio clip as a ZIP-file of that same part of the song with now the CLICK enabled and I expected it to follow the song’s hitpoints according to the manual hitpoints that I made but hell it truly doesn’t. Attached is the audio clip as a ZIP-file as how it sounds with the produced Tempo track and the CLICK function enabled.

Pretty sad, isn’t it? What the hell am I doing wrong? Steinberg has some serious issues on making this software just a LITTLE bit easier to use. Maybe I have some damn checkbox unabled under some weird menu function but I have no clue that what it is. If that’s even the case.

Why doesn’t the produced Tempo track follow the manual hitpoint editings?

Please help me, friends!!! Feeling like a total idiot here so instruct me like a were a six-year old. I mean with fully detailed instructions.

Thank You in advance.

-Tommi
AND THIS IS HOW IT SOUNDS!!!.zip (845 KB)
Song-with manual hitpoints click.zip (842 KB)

I am guessing that you didn’t change all your tracks (including your “hitpoint” track :wink: ) over to Linear Timebase from Musical Timebase, before applying “Merge Tempo from Tapping”. (because, I promise you, it does work :wink: )
(and, there are plenty of posts in these forums about using “Merge Tempo from Tapping”… probably in the Cubase 7 forum, maybe even earlier :wink: )

I’m sorry man I just can’t get it work.

So please be as spesific as You possibly can. Meaning:::

Do I have to have my original audio track on musical or linear mode? Does it even matter? And does that pic of a NOTE mean that it is in musical mode?

Do I have to have audio track in either of those modes before doing a manual hitpoint tapping?

Do I have to have initially the HITPOINT track in linear or musical mode?

In what mode does the audio track has to be?

Attached is the current tempo track click with the song

I guess I’m stupid like hell but what can I do here… Hoping to get some help :slight_smile:
song with temotrack and click sample.zip (746 KB)

very late here, so I’ll reply more fully tomorrow, but…

So please be as spesific as You possibly can. Meaning:::

Do I have to have my original audio track on musical or linear mode? Does it even matter?

If your audio track contains only one continuous clip, then it doesn’t matter whether Linear Timebase or Musical Timebase (But don’t confuse Musical Timebase with Musical Mode, which (the latter) is a function in the Audio Pool and Waveform Editor… This needs to be Off.

And does that pic of a NOTE mean that it is in musical mode?

It means it is indeed in Musical Timebase :wink:.

Do I have to have audio track in either of those modes before doing a manual hitpoint tapping?

Do I have to have initially the HITPOINT track in linear or musical mode?

I am a little uneasy with your terminology… We should not be dealing with “Hitpoints” (as used in Steinberg terminology).
You should simply be recording a regular MIDI track, tapping out the beats to fit the music.
It doesn’t matter which Timebase, until you are ready to apply the function “Merge Tempo from Tapping”… but do switch everything to Linear Timebase before actually applying that function!