Terrible studio disaster - please help

After a terrible disaster in my studio, I am having to rebuild from an old image file, on a totally new machine. I still have my dongles and have managed to update windows and Cubase, to Cubase 9, my last purchased installation. I have a lot of very good VSTs, a lot of them are playing up and are blacklisted for at least two reasons, I think, the location of files might be different, the PC is different.

Among my software are lots of NI VSTs, lots of Steinberg stuff, all of Spectrasonics gear and a lot more.

I still have my steam folder, but am unsure of where to put it, and I still have a reasonably complete copy of my samples folder which had most, maybe all of the actual wave files fr various applications.

I am a bit rusty as I have not touched Cubase for a year. Could anyone give me some clues about how to go about repairs?

Best of luck. Here’s info on the steam folder. spectrasonics steam folder - Google Search

Wow, sucks.

As far as the Steinberg stuff, anything that has its license on the USB key can just be reinstalled. I would just install everything I remember and see how it goes- looks like that’s basically what you’re doing.

Have you gone online to look at your licenses in your SB account? Any soft elicenses can be reactivated once you have the elc on your machine.

For anything that was blacklisted,first try to ‘remove from blacklist’ in the VST Plugin Manager. Note no 32 bit plugins allowed. Alos, note, blacklisting doesn’t happen due to wrong directory or no license, just criteria that have to do with whether they are ‘compatible’ or not.

For the NI stuff, I have Kontakt only- Kontakt has the Batch Resave tool that can correct paths etc., So once all in installed there’s that. I would download the products and reinstall rather than trying to reconstruct directory trees and going out of your mind. :wink:

Some Steinberg Presets go here: C:/ProgramData/
VST2 Plugins dll files go into:
C:\Program Files (x86)\VSTPlugins (maybe only 32 bit plugs there… )
and
C:\Program Files\Vstplugins

Post back with the results and good luck!

Thank you for your help guys. I stopped panicking a bit :slight_smile:

Question: I have managed to restore all my Spectrasonics (I have them all) and link the Steam folder but they are all saying they can’t find the Sage folder. I can’t see a way to download the whole of each program, and it’s the weekend, so I don’t expect a reply from Specs very soon.

Any ideas?